aberdeen-music

What are you working on?

paime

It is good for a free program, note entry is a bit clunky but once you get used to its foibles it's fine.  Also the in built PDF export is a bit crap.  You get much better results if you print to an external PDF generator.

Gonna check this out tonight.

I'm currently playing around with a few ideas for some new Cielo Rosso songs. We're doing some recording over the summer so I'll need to get some new chops for that.

Genuinely excited to get into the studio and get some songs recorded. Looking like it will be the highlight of the summer this year. 

I've also been swotting up on my musical theory as I've gotten quite lazy over the past few years and I'm often finding myself saying "it's 5, 7 then 3" rather than saying "It's A, B, then G".

Another +1 for tuxguitar. I've used it for grabbing midi files of trad tunes off thesession then it will automatically transcribe it into guitar tab.

Back to the original topic - been recording vocals for a long gestating Causey Mounth version of Erin Go Bragh, struggling to get a vocal take I'm happy with.  Also been mucking about with synth arrangements like every other ageing muso on here recently.  Have it in my mind to build synthy post-rock tunes, but again because I'm a) busy and b) easily distracted it's taking a while to bring it together.  Plus Das stuff as usual.

• 3 weeks later...

Tux guitar can open guitar pro tabs? That's useful. I like learning songs from guitar pro tabs. midi guitar eh.

Everything's kind of went on hold for me. The hardcore band might still happen but people have swapped instruments. the emo thing has it's first proper practice on saturday after member changes. I'm also in a pop band that got a new drummer just before the guitarist went offshore. Oh and I'm also away to start playing bass in another band which might start jamming after download. Ace.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I've starting dabbling in droning, bass heavy, electronic music. I've never pieced together a "song" without an actual musical instrument before, so this is a first attempt. Just samples, VSTs, an ancient Roland drum machine and a metric buttload of distortion. My intention was to make something as disgusting as possible. Totally repetitious and practically unlistenable, but as I built it up, it started to sound more musical than I expected.

https://soundcloud.com/usthemusthem/megacephala

I also re-recorded an old DROSS song, just to give new fuzz pedals and feedback loopers a whirl, though I might add vocals, or at least some torturous scream samples to flesh it out, so it's not purely instrumental. 

https://soundcloud.com/usthemusthem/reign-in-mud

I think I'll keep it for the same project. Disgusting heavy stuff. Some will be guitar based, Some of it won't.

Edited by Joda Serk
  • Upvote 4