aberdeen-music

What are you working on?

paime

The sheer thought of "TGH" makes me want to cry.

Oversized goons trying to hurt each other on purpose, and generally being arseholes about it.

Apart from Sick Of It All. Because Sick Of It All are boss and must never be classed as "TGH".

However bands like TUI and Madball can suck dick 'til the cows come home.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention that I'm also working on restoring a 1975 Gibson Ripper bass.

I forgot the rules of the Internet - pics or it never happened.

When it arrived it looked like this:

01_front_all.jpg

It currently looks like this:

01_cover.jpg

Tapping my fingers waiting for stuff to arrive from the States, like the pickguard, machine heads, one of the pickups etc.

If all goes well then I hope it will look like this mockup:

red_mockup_rotated.jpg

The sheer thought of "TGH" makes me want to cry.

Oversized goons trying to hurt each other on purpose, and generally being arseholes about it.

Apart from Sick Of It All. Because Sick Of It All are boss and must never be classed as "TGH".

However bands like TUI and Madball can suck dick 'til the cows come home.

I like Sick of it All's music, but they are definitely macho dickheads, though not as dull and generic as most 'tough guy' shit. Seen them twice. Both times they actively encouraged the meatheads in the audience to go at each other. Plenty of songs which seem to glorify violence and general machismo. They did a radio interview/debate with some guy from Agnostic Front and Sam and Adam from Born Against in the early 90s. The interview concludes with Armand allegedly throwing chairs at Born Against, and threatening to shitkick them outside. Nice guys.

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

I'm currently notating all the bass lines in the songs that I play in the band just now.  I'm finding it quite useful to be able to zoom out and look at a song as a whole thing instead of it being a rapid sequence of events that I forget as soon as they've happened (and sometimes forget before they've happened ;) ).  Pleased to see that it's not just a bunch of root notes and sometimes I have to get the semiquavers out ;)  It's also quite handy to be able to overlay vocal melodies and see what works and what doesn't.

Am using Tuxguitar - it's free, it's multitrack and it means I can be lazy and enter notes in tab and they end up being notated for me, but I hope that in time it will get me round to a better understanding of notation.

I'm currently notating all the bass lines in the songs that I play in the band just now.  I'm finding it quite useful to be able to zoom out and look at a song as a whole thing instead of it being a rapid sequence of events that I forget as soon as they've happened (and sometimes forget before they've happened ;) ).  Pleased to see that it's not just a bunch of root notes and sometimes I have to get the semiquavers out ;)  It's also quite handy to be able to overlay vocal melodies and see what works and what doesn't.

Am using Tuxguitar - it's free, it's multitrack and it means I can be lazy and enter notes in tab and they end up being notated for me, but I hope that in time it will get me round to a better understanding of notation.

Seems like quite a good bit of software.

Seems like quite a good bit of software.

It is good for a free program, note entry is a bit clunky but once you get used to its foibles it's fine.  Also the in built PDF export is a bit crap.  You get much better results if you print to an external PDF generator.