aberdeen-music

What are you working on?

paime

He sounds fucking terrible. Bad at bass and worse at guitar? Fire his ass. Ask Soda Jerk to play guitar for you and you can take over on bass. I bet he'd fucking LOVE to be in a band with you.

xx

He asked once but it died on it's arse. And this band is different from what he wanted.

He's a nice guy and I like him, but aye, if he canna play and stuff I might have to let him go. Wanna play bass for me?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Set myself a goal of getting at least a song recorded every time I'm back from sea.  Been doing slightly better than that recently - my flatmate and I boshed out two EPs in April.

If you've not been subject to my junk before, it's mainly homebrew indie pop.  You can download both for free at the bandcamp below if you are so inclined.

This one is about fictional women:

http://lesplicans.bandcamp.com/album/sweet-crush

This one is about action movies:

http://lesplicans.bandcamp.com/album/muscle-x

Currently polishing off songs in my emo/screamo band. And trying to teach our guitarist her parts.

Polishing off a lot of lyrics for the above band and a "tough guy hardcore" band I've started.

And I'm trying to convince a pal to get her synths back so we can do something with that. 

I'm also in a pop band or two. And in a punk band. lol.

Been writing and recording a new Flights effort. It's inspired by the mystery caused by the "Ghost Rockets" seen in Sweden shortly after the end of WW2. I was planning on making it less ambient than my last output but that hasn't worked out. It's turning out to be as bleak and ambient as previous material

Hopefully going to get a Cielo Rosso e.p sorted out soon as well so I've been playing around with some compostions I've been writing for a wee while now.

The ridiculousness that is Tough Guy Hardcore is usually more mid-tempo, the odd groove, lots of beat downs and chugs. The bands are usually straight edge with no necks, biceps the size of rugby balls. The songs are usually about how their crew is harder than your crew, and their crew has each member of that crew's back, at all times, often "for life", or something. It's one of the shittiest things to ever attach itself to punk.

Madball. Not sure what the song is called. I think it might be named "Music video full of twats"

Look at him charge about during the intro. Hilarious.

• Upvote 2