aberdeen-music

What are you working on?

paime

• 4 weeks later...

PIGDOG album is done. 11 blasts of carnage. It's getting "mastered" in December. I don't know what that means.

Someone wants to release it on tape. Fucking tape. Tapes can get bent. It's hopefully going on a 10", but that's not concrete yet. It will all be on Bandcamp for free at least though. Maybe a short run of CDs, if people still buy CDs.

There won't be any more PIGDOG stuff after this.

• Upvote 2

PIGDOG album is done. 11 blasts of carnage. It's getting "mastered" in December. I don't know what that means.

Someone wants to release it on tape. Fucking tape. Tapes can get bent. It's hopefully going on a 10", but that's not concrete yet. It will all be on Bandcamp for free at least though. Maybe a short run of CDs, if people still buy CDs.

There won't be any more PIGDOG stuff after this.

do all 3. I'll buy all 3 and downlaod it.

• 2 weeks later...

PIGDOG album has been mastered. It's ready. I still don't know what mastering means, because it sounds the same as when it got sent away for mastering. Apparently I'd made it 'too loud'. That doesn't sound like something I would do...

Vinyl is up in the air for the time being, so it might be uploaded as soon as this weekend, but I don't know yet. I don't want the label who are fucking stupid enough to pay their own money to release this thing getting pissed at us for upping it for free before they press and release the record. We'll have to see. We're proper chuffed with it though.

• Upvote 1

I started work on Seas, Starry's contribution to the latest Not a Teepee release. The theme is one chord and I've put down a drum track that ends up sounding like a synthesiser having a stroke, whilst choking on my fuzz factory. I'm looking forward to hearing what Claire adds to it.

• Upvote 1

Working on The Sharpies, round three of getting a regular practice and gigging schedule. Been getting together with Ghost of Bongo guys, got a rehearsal in Glasgow tomorrow. Starting Monday Night Club jam sessions at my flat. Looking at some intersting electronics for a potential live Fat Hand set.