aberdeen-music

2012/2013 Season Thread

Scootray

It was definitely a red, for me. That's a leg-breaker of a challenge like. I hate Suarez, I love Coloccini, and I'm genuinely shocked that he'd do something so stupid. The guy rarely commits a bloody foul, let alone that. Poor show from the captain, who had a really disappointing game all-round.

Pretty drab affair at Anfield. A draw is probably fair. Liverpool look like a two-man team, we looked like a no-man team. Pardew, again, made some poor decisions. He put out the correct XI, in my humble, but at one point we had a central midfield of Jonas, Anita and Shane Ferguson. Two wingers and a lad who isn't used to the league at all. Brilliant. Thought Steven Taylor had a good game including an absolutely vital block in the second-half. Cabaye was good, no idea why he came off. Ben Arfa sloppy, Papiss loco, Ba hopefully uninjured.

I hate Suarez, but he's right bastard good sometimes, the horrid, poisonous little cunt.

One Liverpool player I do like is Shelvey. He's nails. Runs loads, gets stuck in, bombs about like a bastard. Reminds me of Owen Hargreaves, minus the shaggy barnet. Hopefully he'll oust Barry and Carrick out of the England team forever, because they are both pointless and mostly useless footballers.

Yeah that was a red card, no question. The big man didnt have a great game for Newcastle yesterday, unusal for him like!

I dunno why but i just love Newcastle, they were a complete shambles a few years back, but they have really come back, and they have some of the most loveable players in their team, Cisse, Ba, Coloccini, Gutiérrez, and Ben Arfa.

They were big and powerful in the 70's and 80's though, where as City weren't. City are now big and powerful, where as Liverpool are not. I thought that's what he meant. The 90's and 00's weren't so good for Liverpool other than the Champions League win.

This is true, although I reckon if you looked at the last 20 years there aren't too many other sides who've been more successful in both league and cup competitions (Man U, Arsenal, maybe Chelsea). Much as it pains me to say it, Liverpool have swapped with Man U over the last 20 years. It's more-or-less an exact role reversal from the 70s and 80s.

Yeah, I meant in comparison to what achieved in the previous two decades, and mostly their league dominance as well as being much more of a financial powerhouse, where as now they don't really close to that sort of dominance, despite the sporadic trophies.

I had forgotton they'd won the league cup that many times though. Good on them.