aberdeen-music

2012/2013 Season Thread

Scootray

I didnt think he had a dodgy game at all, he delt with almost every ball into his box, and his distribution was always going to be suspect as england had no one over the half way line for most of the game for him to aim for. He had a good tournament to be honest, solid, good handling, good communication, easily Englands best player. The only player you could say is a top international player for England.

I agree with this. He did have a couple of parries, but at least one of them was from an absolute rocket of a shot. If anything, I'd say his handling is the weakest part of his game, but it's still clearly very good and he's a fantastic 'keeper. See the faces he was making to trying and put the penalty takers off? Ace. I'd hate to take a penner against that motherfucker because he's massive and he's going to look like a raptor chewing on a Coke can.

I can't seem to find it on Youtube, but that penalty that Hart saved against Scott Sinclair last season was so good. Before Sinclair took it, Hart was giving him all kinds of trash talk. Visceral screaming on his face. It made Sinclair shit his shorts, as he scuffed it with a prissy little fairy tap.

I don't mind Hart parrying the way he does. Alot of keepers shape themselves to try and catch a shot whilst diving and they don't get enough reach and it goes in and they end up looking silly. Stop the ball from going in the net first and foremost. Parrying certainly isn't a bad thing. Can't say I blame Hart for almost being caught out by Balotelli from a long ball either. The defence were caught napping alot when Italy tried playing the ball over the top. Much more of a defensive error than anything. He's not quite perfect but he's definitely one young keepers around along with Neuer who is also massive and freakishly good. Both are quite similar to Schmeichel, who was also renowned for being lousy at catching. Whose going to tell Big Pete that he's shit at something? The guy wore XXXL goalkeeper shirts. He swears at pre-teen ball boys. He even yelled at Jaap Stam once, no fucks given. Schmeichel just kept the ball out of the net by whatever means necessary. Clawing it away, punching it, putting his big, fuck off chest in the way of a twat of a shot. Keep it out. Hart is quite similar. Put your body in the way. That's all that matters.

• Upvote 2

So Lee Wallace and McCulloch have decided they will play for Rangers for the rest of their contract, or until they get sold on, which is what will probably happen.

Just how stupid do you have to be to think that as soon as everything is done and dusted, you will still be playing for a team who will need to massively cut the wage bill and bring in new cash and your 5 year contract and commitment will mean they will keep you?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18592410

So Raith Rovers have had this to say,

Raith Rovers FC continues to closely monitor developments in the saga of who will replace the liquidated Rangers within Scottish football.

As proud members of the Scottish Football League, we may soon be called upon to consider proposals for the way forward not only in relation to any vacancy that may arise in our league but also in respect of the future construction of the game in Scotland.

Whilst we retain an open mind on the subject of league reconstruction, and will carefully consider any proposal put to us by the SFL board in this regard, the board of directors of Raith Rovers FC is unanimous in its view that we shall certainly not cast our vote in favour of any integrated plan that in our view compromises sporting integrity by involving the admission of any ‘Newco’ directly into Division One.

• Upvote 1

This is for their inclusion to Division 1. That's 2 Division 1 teams come out and said they can get tae. It wouldn't make sense for Div 1 teams to vote them in. As it's a relatively competitive league, it's basically like denying any chance of promotion for a whole season.

Does it matter now that there's enough votes to get them out? The rest of the votes don't change anything.

Those are first division clubs saying they will not vote to allow Rangers straight into the 1st division, thats now going to be the next battle.

At this rate Rangers fans will never attend an away game again as they have already said any clubs who "kick" them when they are down will be boycotted indefinately. Its a strange concept really, fans dont do walking away (despite ibrox being half empty for a few games last season) but they will not go an support their team against any club they feel has done wrong to them, so even if they did somehow get back into the SPL, they still wouldnt go and watch any games away from Ibrox!!??

Martin Ritchie Statement

Martin Ritchie has responded to the many requests the Club have had regarding the Rangers situation. The Chairman has requested we post the following statement for our fanbase :

“Many supporters have expressed concerns regarding the potential ‘Rangers Newco’ outcomes and their impact on Scottish football, the SFL and our own club. We clearly have no say on whether the SPL wish to accept the ‘Newco’into their league next season. “

“However, as a member of the SFL, we do have a say in whether a ‘Newco’would be admitted into the SFL. David Longmuir, Chief Executive of the SFL, contacted all SFL clubs this week and assured them that any meaningful proposals would be put before all SFL members.”

“The board at Falkirk FC strongly believe the current turmoil should be a catalyst for change in Scottish Football. League reconstruction, First Division play-offs, a fairer distribution of the game’s wealth and the ending of undemocratic voting systems should be the minimum level of change.”

“It would be totally unacceptable if a “Rangers Newco” were admitted to the First Division on the current rules. Even a weakened “Rangers Newco” would have resources that far outstripped all other First Division clubs and this would pretty much guarantee them promotion before the season even starts.”

“Fairness is a word not often quoted in the current situation. However, I think it is worth reminding everyone that when Falkirk FC were faced with provisional liquidation in 1998, the new consortium of owners paid every creditor (including the Inland Revenue) in full, i.e. 100 pence in the pound. If we had gone down the route taken by many clubs since then, paying only a fraction to their creditors, we would have had the resources to accelerate the development of our stadium and make an earlier return to the SPL.”

“Any decisions taken by our board will be made in the best interests of our club and of Scottish football.”

• Upvote 1

Ah I didn't know they were voting for that too. Hopefully all the Division 3 teams vote against it too so they have to go play Sunday League football on a school playing field in the roughest part of Glasgow. Pitches full of used condoms and dirty needles. Mint.

On red ash.

Another forum i go on has a huge thread on this, Rangers fans there think this should be when Rangers leave Scottish football behind and move to England, or some of them are talking about Rangers supporters club orgainising a blanket non attendance to any away game from now on as a punishment to us all for not looking after their striken club.

One fanny was going on about how it will be funny when all the other clubs except Celtic go bust next season and Rangers just waltz back to the SPL, not really considering the fact if all the clubs go bust there wont be a fucking SPL.

• Upvote 1