aberdeen-music

2012/2013 Season Thread

Scootray

To be serious I do think Beckham should have been picked and give the fans a proper send off since his last few England appearances were pointless cameos! Dunno what's going on there some internal politics going on methinks. I'm going to an Olympic footy double header but not Team GB - Mexico v Gabon followed by Switzerland v South Korea.

Just noticing quite impressed the new season thread has got to 62 pages and we not even hit July!

Finally my fixtures for next season are coming out on Monday, wonder which hopeless tin pot outfit we'll face on the opening day? Surely not Wrexham again have played them away opening game of the past two seasons!

I can kind of understand why Beckham wasn't picked, despite still being a very able footballer. But to then see that he has essentially been replaced by Ryan Giggs just makes it even more of a mystery. I've got nothing but respect for Giggs, and now and then he puts in a top performance or plays an important role. But he is very much past it, whereas I don't think Beckham ever lost it. He was never fast or skillfull anyway. He was always about positioning and delivery, and he can still do that. He was great in those loan spells at Milan. Still very capable of doing what hes good at. Giggs isn't, especially when the opposing team are a threat and will come at him when he's got the ball.

Scholes probably should have gone ahead of either of those two. Should have had Scholes and Beckham behind a front 4. Unstoppable.

Ive kinda missed out on the debate about Beckham but it seems to me pretty ludicrous that he's not in the team. He's one of the reasons London got the Olympics surely. What is Pearce proving by not picking him? Noone cares about this tournament and they're struggling to sell tickets. Beckham's mere presence would sell those tickets.

• Upvote 1

I wouldn't say Giggs in past it but see where your coming from. I think its great Giggs can finally play in a tournament outwith qualifiers even if Olympics football is a bit tin pot!

Giggs was mostly awful last season for United, and that's playing for a team who mostly dominate games. When he's up against it and he get's charged down by midfielders, he looks completely out of his depth and is essentially useless. I somehow doubt GB are going to turn up and completely boss every game. He's not really a good pick, and it seems almost sentimental because he's never played at a major international tournament before.

a

In all this talk about who didn't make the Olympic Team, does anyone know who actually did make the Olympic team? (Other than Giggs and Bellamy)

erm Micah Richards for reasons only known to Stuart Pearce but not a clue about the rest!

Hodgson seemed to not want to pick Richards as he had lost his place in the team to Zabaleta for the last 4 or 5 games of the season, and before that he was injured, so he'd not played for a long time. I'm not sure why he did lose his place to Zabaleta either. He's finally learned how to defend and he's had a very good season.

UEFA have confirmed that as of season starting August 2013, any team who qualifies for the Champions League, their U19 team will compete in a shadow U19 Champions League.

Finally, an awesome idea by UEFA. I hope it gets televised in one way or another.

That is a quality idea, but nae doubt it'll come with some kind of colossally fucked-up clause. The winning team gets first dibs on everyone else's promising youngsters or something like that.

On second thoughts, I watch loads of Man United reserve games. It's totally shitty shitty football. Sometimes Paul Pogba scores from 40 yards out, or Fabio Da Silva goes a mazey run, darts through 100 defenders and slots the ball past (what looks like) a disabled goalkeeper. Other than that, it's shite football. That might be the deciding factor whether or not it gets televised. Teenagers are fucking rubbish as fuck at football.

Still, it's a mint as fuck idea. For once, Michel Platini doesn't deserve a repeated punch in the face until the end of time. He's come up trumps with this one. It probably wasn't his idea though. He probably signed off the idea whilst sloshed as shit on champers, the fucking backwards, knobhead fucking shit tit. It's depressing that HE is in charge of the progress of European football. We'd get more progress if we put a downs-syndrome baby in charge. I might have had, like, 39 pints of whisky, but still, Platini is a bollock. Everything he does is bollocks, however, somehow, this idea is actually immensely productive for youth footballers all over Europe, as the top clubs tend to have the most prosperous youth academies. Even the less successful clubs who have good academies, the likes of Chelsea, United and Arsenal just poach your kids anyway. They buy the parents of the talented prodigys a mansion in the country side, bribe them with millions of pounds and a Benz and essentially corrupt the whole sport. SHIT YEAH!!

Alan Smith is fucking GONE!

So long you horrible little wage thief. An extra £60k p/w in the coffers, and Shola and co. no longer have to put up with this awful fucking barnet on the training ground:-

alan-smith-newcastle-cropped

This is a great day to be alive, Ladies and Gentlemen. Never mind the Euro final, this is some Che Guevara overthrowing the Cuban government level shit. This is the Berlin Wall coming down. This is Egypt, Libya and Tunisia rising up to smite and besmirch the hell out of THE MAN. This is Martin Luther King and Malcolm X. ROSA FUCKING PARKS. This is the Vietnamese monk that burned himself to death on that RATM album cover and the guy who stopped the tank in Tianamen Square. This is Gandalf, YOU SHALL NOT PASS. The people have spoken, and now the bastard is gone.

Let's get down.

sunny2.gif

tumblr_ljhxqfJwB71qhisruo1_500.gif

• Upvote 2