aberdeen-music

2012/2013 Season Thread

Scootray

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18625293

The main points of the propsals are:

• Rangers are to be relegated with immediate effect and be replaced in the SPL by Dundee.
  • Television rights for Rangers matches in Scottish Football League Division One are to be bought by the SPL for £1m.
  • The SPL and SFL will merge into one body at the start of season 2013/14.
  • Play-offs between the top two divisions will be introduced in time for the coming season with one team from the top flight and three from the second tier competing for a place in the following season's SPL.
  • There will be an increase in the parachute payments made to clubs relegated from the SPL.
  • Changes will be made to the distribution model for clubs in the top two tiers with teams in the lower leagues earning a similar amount to the current set-up.
  • A new pyramid system will become effective from season 2014/15 that will allow a potential place in the new league format for a team from either the Highland league or newly-created 'Lowland League'.
  • Rangers newco acceptance into the Scottish FA would only be approved if they accept responsibility for the football debts and fines incurred by the pervious club along with their waiving of rights to a legal challenge.

I don't see how those plans can go ahead if the SFL clubs, as seems to be the case over the last two days, are coming out against Rangers playing in Division 1.

Also the way things are going with the asset stripping revealed by Alex Thompson last night there might not be a Rangers at the start of the season anyway.

I honestly wonder if Llorente is the guy they've taken to use if they go behind in a game. They've just never been behind therefore he's not been used. Poor guy. :(

They were behind against Italy, but not long enough to bring on a sub.

There's alot of talk that Llorente isn't fit, due to Bilbao playing ridiculous football with non-stop pressing and whatnot, which is why Muniain wasn't picked (though if Mata's not getting a game, then surely Muniain wouldn't either). If that's the case, Llorente shouldn't have been picked at all. Pepe Reina looks more likely to get the nod as starting striker in the final than Llorente.

Out of the Spanish strikers, Llorente has probably had the better season, yet he is behind Negredo, Torres and NO STRIKER in the pecking order.

I hope Germany kick the fuck out of them in the final. Portugal gave it a good go. Better than anyone I've seen against Spain in a long while.

I hope to fuck Italy win tonight. I really like Germany, but I have a mancrush on pretty much half the Italian side. Especially Barzagli.

Andrea+Barzagli+Italy+UEFA+Euro+2012+Headshots+3Xex5llQvkOl.jpg

Gay points.

Anyway, I can't see anything other than a German win. Pirlo is an absolute wizard and the defence/midfield are solid as fuck, but there's little cutting edge up front. Balotelli is an absolute pudding. I'd start Di Natale, even though he can't play 90 minutes. He's twice as deadly as Balotelli in the box and he has Cassano and whoever will play trequartista to do the deeper work for him. Chiellini will likely come in for Balzaretti at LB. It's a tad harsh because Balza has been good, but the Juve combo of Barzagli, Bonucci and Chiellini is too tight to ignore.

I think 2-0 to Germany, but I'd love to be wrong. Forza.

I'm gunning for a Germany win, and then hoping they'll smash Spain apart in the final. I predicted Germany would in it all before the tournament started so I'm sticking with that. Not picking Marko Marin was a bit shit though. Love that guy. He's got ALL of the skills.

Hopefully Germany can tear Spain to pieces, and lay to rest this whole tikitaki football. I hope every goal they score from now on is a header from a deep cross.

Germany on penalties tonight, for me. I do rather like Italian football and the Italian national team (though I share Murr's opinion that Balotelli is a bit slipshod; definitely not international standard in my book), so if Germany lose, I won't be too disheartened.

I'm fucking loving the Euros so far. I think the standard of some of the football has been really high, and in particular, I've noticed the delivery of set-plays to be of a much higher standard than we tend to see at club level. Apart from Cristiano Ronaldo dos Overzebar. Whilst I recognise Cristiano Ronaldo is absolutely wonderful at football, he really is a repugnant individual. Seeing him deck himself after Sergio Ramos sublimely out-muscled him and came away with the ball was galling last night. Ramos made Ronaldo look like a pleb, but Ronaldo made himself look an even bigger pleb by resorting to theatrics in an attempt to detract from the fact he was fairly out-strengthed and out-desired. Glad you were eliminated, you cheating dickhead.

• Upvote 2

I can't see anything else but a Germany win, they for me have looked the best and most consistent team in the tournament. Italy will be in for a tougher game than their quarter final I think!

Is this Rangers/Club 12/Newco thing ever going to get resolved? It's getting tedious now.

Looks like AVB is going to be the new Spurs boss, I don't ever remember so many managerial changes between seasons!

I'm fucking loving the Euros so far. I think the standard of some of the football has been really high, and in particular, I've noticed the delivery of set-plays to be of a much higher standard than we tend to see at club level. Apart from Cristiano Ronaldo dos Overzebar. Whilst I recognise Cristiano Ronaldo is absolutely wonderful at football, he really is a repugnant individual. Seeing him deck himself after Sergio Ramos sublimely out-muscled him and came away with the ball was galling last night. Ramos made Ronaldo look like a pleb, but Ronaldo made himself look an even bigger pleb by resorting to theatrics in an attempt to detract from the fact he was fairly out-strengthed and out-desired. Glad you were eliminated, you cheating dickhead.

I like Ronaldo, but all of that is true, probably for all of the Portugal team actually. The Spanish weren't innocent of it either, but to a lesser extent. I just wish the commentators wouldn't rabbit on about how Ronaldo is some sort of dead-ball mastermind. He's a magnificent striker of the ball in terms of power and direction, but he's not exactly bending the ball around walls and curling it into the unreachable pocket of the top corner. He just blasts it. It looks terrific when it blooters in at 1,000MPH past an utterly bamboozled goalkeeper, but they are pure hit-and-hopers, and his record of FK's scored and FK's ballooned into the face of some kid in the Bernabeu nosebleeds is heavily in the favour of of the nosebleeds.

He's no DBECK.