aberdeen-music

2012/2013 Season Thread

Scootray

Another good point about that was made, in that what Nicklas Bendtner did, by showing his underwear, which completely covers his arse anyway, wouldn't even be considered 'Indecent Exposure' by a policeman on the street, yet racially abusing someone of African descent is something someone can be arrested for by a policeman on the street, and even be jailed for.

Daft as fuck!

I havn't heard it, but the alternative commentary with Chris Moyles and "Comedy" Dave sounds like the worst thing ever. I'd imagine it would put me in some kind of rage coma. I might put it on tonight, just because I love to hate Chris Moyles.

They did a similar thing at the last world cup, I listened for about 15 minutes and it was so woefully unfunny and annoying I simply couldn't bear it anymore. I wish Moyles would do a DLT and resign on air not that I would be listening... he was actually pretty good when he started out but these days is simply terrible and irritating.

So, Nicklas Bendtner got fined £80,000 for exposing his sponsored boxer shorts in a match. FC Porto as a whole football club were fined £16,000 for their fans racially abusing Mario Balotelli.

God bless UEFA.

sums them up really, sometimes you get the feeling they really don't give much of a hoot about racism.

Trap is getting ripped a new arsehole in the Irish press. There's a big big call for his head. This is from today's paper and is fairly typical.

I told a friend (who supports AUSTRALIAAA etc.) about Ireland's bravado leading up to the Euros and he genuinely just about pissed himself laughing. It absolutely beggars belief that Irish fans are upset about not getting through that group. Mental.

Imagine if we (Scotland) were in the Euros. Would the Sun rip the shit out of the manager if we got knocked out in the -- actually, fuck, yeah they would.

What do they really expect? Trap is about as good a manager as the Irish will ever have.

Their issue is that he persistently plays the same aging players over and over again and refuses to give any of the young players a chance. Plus he plays really drab football and completely refuses to change the tactics or squad, even though they aren't working. This week Given, Duff, Dunne, Keane and a few others have hinted that they are going to step aside after the Euros and let young guys come in, they want him to fuck off as well so they can bring in someone with new ideas to take the younger squad and try something different. Also he's been there 4 years and still hasn't bothered to learn English.

I told a friend (who supports AUSTRALIAAA etc.) about Ireland's bravado leading up to the Euros and he genuinely just about pissed himself laughing. It absolutely beggars belief that Irish fans are upset about not getting through that group. Mental.

Imagine if we (Scotland) were in the Euros. Would the Sun rip the shit out of the manager if we got knocked out in the -- actually, fuck, yeah they would.

To be fair, they were calling for him to go before the Euros even started because of his insistence on playing the old duffers and utter refusal to mix it up. It's less the results and more his stubborness that is annoying people. Getting pumped in the Euros is just the straw that broke the camels back. If he plays the same XI and the same tactics against Italy tonight he may actually be lynched when he gets back.

Their issue is that he persistently plays the same aging players over and over again and refuses to give any of the young players a chance. Plus he plays really drab football and completely refuses to change the tactics or squad, even though they aren't working. This week Given, Duff, Dunne, Keane and a few others have hinted that they are going to step aside after the Euros and let young guys come in, they want him to fuck off as well so they can bring in someone with new ideas to take the younger squad and try something different. Also he's been there 4 years and still hasn't bothered to learn English.

He speaks english quite well, ive seen him do interviews in english, also german, which btw is the single best interview with a manager ever!

I just dont get it, those players were all good enough to get Ireland there, why wouldnt you play them at the tournament? Ill say it again, the Irish will never have as good a manager again, id be surprised if they qualify for anything for the next 10 years.

To be fair, they were calling for him to go before the Euros even started because of his insistence on playing the old duffers and utter refusal to mix it up. It's less the results and more his stubborness that is annoying people. Getting pumped in the Euros is just the straw that broke the camels back. If he plays the same XI and the same tactics against Italy tonight he may actually be lynched when he gets back.

That is honestly incredible, an international team with 14 clean sheets in 21 games if i remember correct, being criticised for not being good enough.

He speaks english quite well, ive seen him do interviews in english, also german, which btw is the single best interview with a manager ever!

I just dont get it, those players were all good enough to get Ireland there, why wouldnt you play them at the tournament? Ill say it again, the Irish will never have as good a manager again, id be surprised if they qualify for anything for the next 10 years.

He speaks patchy English, he still does all his post match interviews with an interpreter. A fucking lassie as well. Unforgivable. She probably doesn't even know what he's talking about.

oh no Roy Keane words of wisdom tonight as the game is on the BBC, I see that channel are hell bent on giving us numerous history lessons, still miles better than Chiles and those bloody adverts.

Is it me or does Ray Houghton have a Scottish accent?

It's weird as there seems to have been more expectation regarding the Irish than the English. I don't get it though, England would struggle to get out of that group! I suppose its the manner of the defeats.

Good, you're here - can I watch Italian football in the UK somewhere next season? Is it on ESPN or something? Are there regular highlights shows etc?

There are usually 2-3 live games on ESPN every week, plus a weekly highlights show (that's repeating a few times throughout the week) and a magazine show ("Total Italian Football," I think, which is actually pretty good). Their dedication to Serie A is pleasing, but Dave Farrar is a fucking awful commentator.

• Upvote 1

There are usually 2-3 live games on ESPN every week, plus a weekly highlights show (that's repeating a few times throughout the week) and a magazine show ("Total Italian Football," I think, which is actually pretty good). Their dedication to Serie A is pleasing, but Dave Farrar is a fucking awful commentator.

Cool, I wanna get into it a bit next year - sounds like it's pretty interesting tactically which appeals. Cheers for the info!

As it stands Croatia have a better goal difference than Italy so how would Italy go through? What am i missing?

Tie-breaking criteria

If two or more teams are equal on points on completion of the group matches, the following criteria are applied to determine the rankings (according to paragraphs 8.07 and 8.08 of the regulations, and amendment to 8.07 adopted by the UEFA Executive Committee):[40][41]

1. Higher number of points obtained in the matches played between the teams in question;
  2. Superior goal difference resulting from the matches played between the teams in question (if more than two teams finish equal on points);
  3. Higher number of goals scored in the matches played between the teams in question (if more than two teams finish equal on points);
  4. If, after having applied criteria 1 to 3 to more than two teams, two teams still have an equal ranking, criteria 1 to 3 are reapplied exclusively to the matches between the two teams in question to determine the final rankings of the two teams. If this procedure does not lead to a decision, criteria 5 to 10 apply in the order given;
  5. Superior goal difference in all group matches;
  6. Higher number of goals scored in all group matches;
  7. If two teams which are tied in all criteria 1 to 6 play their last group match against each other (i.e., the result is a draw and the two teams have the same number of points, goal difference and goals scored), and provided no other teams within the group have the same number of points, the ranking of the two teams in question is determined by penalty shoot-out. Otherwise, criteria 8 to 10 apply in the order given;
  8. Position in the UEFA national team coefficient ranking system;
  9. Fair play conduct of the teams (final tournament);
  10. Drawing of lots.

So because the current points gained by every team in the matches between Italy/Spain/Croatia are the same (i.e. all draws), tie-break 1 doesn't work.

Tie-break 2 looks at goal difference, which again is the same throughout given all the draws, that doesn't work.

Tie-break 3 works because Italy have scored in their draws between Croatia and Spain, where the Croatia v Spain match is currently 0-0. Therefore between the three teams tied on 5 points, Italy have scored the most goals in the games between those three teams.

It's fucked, I have no idea what's wrong with using simple goal difference. UEFA in their wisdom again, obviously.