aberdeen-music

Cats

Jaaakkkeee

• 3 weeks later...

A cat I had growing up used to clean my hair. Not when I was sleeping though. It got really annoyed if you tried to move your head away before it had finished though and would dig it's claws into your scalp to keep you there. It was a bit mental. Tortoiseshell cat so that probably explains it (they're all fucking mental).

Our white cat (Brian - the asshole cat) has shat in the bath the last 3 days in a row.

He has figured out how to open the door so we can't even prevent him from doing it.

It's annoying.

Louis (the petal cat) keeps getting his ass kicked by a neighbour's cat (unknown which one) and is consistently costing us a fortune in vet bills for injections as you can never take the risk of a cat bite. Keeping him in all the time is out of the question because we both think it's unfair to keep a cat indoors if they are used to going outside. Especially where we live, as it's in the country and they have loads of free space to roam / hunt / have cat fun.

We've had both since they were kittens and giving them away (although sometimes considered out of anger) would never happen as they are like bloody kids to us.

Advice?

Our white cat (Brian - the asshole cat) has shat in the bath the last 3 days in a row.

He has figured out how to open the door so we can't even prevent him from doing it.

It's annoying.

Louis (the petal cat) keeps getting his ass kicked by a neighbour's cat (unknown which one) and is consistently costing us a fortune in vet bills for injections as you can never take the risk of a cat bite. Keeping him in all the time is out of the question because we both think it's unfair to keep a cat indoors if they are used to going outside. Especially where we live, as it's in the country and they have loads of free space to roam / hunt / have cat fun.

We've had both since they were kittens and giving them away (although sometimes considered out of anger) would never happen as they are like bloody kids to us.

Advice?

Fill the bath with a bit of water, maybe? Just a thought although I imagine he's probably like perched on the edge of it or something rather than being actually in it.

No advice with Louis unless you want to sign him up to the local cat gym.

Fill the bath with a bit of water, maybe? Just a thought although I imagine he's probably like perched on the edge of it or something rather than being actually in it.

On a similar note, if he stays in the bath while you're in the room then turn the shower on. A soaking will probably stop him from going near the thing for months.

It's annoying.

Advice?

The bath one is tough, cats seem to really like pissing and shitting in baths or sinks, i have to keep the bathroom door shut all the time to stop Scampi doing the same. Water in the bath could be a shout and putting tin foil along the side of the bath could stop him climbing up, they apparently hate the feeling on their feet, and he wont be able to get a grip when he jumps up, a quick lesson if the bath is half full and he falls in! Short of that you will have to make sure he cant open the door somehow, put something infront of it if you can. Another option would be to get a can of air, and anytime he goes near the bathroom, spray him with it, you need to make him associate the bathroom with something bad, so anything that will scare him regularly should do the job.

As for the other one there is nothing you can do really, except catch the other cat attacking him and give it a kick in the arse. My cat gets chased into our flat once a night, easily, she is an absolute wimp but always runs away when a cat comes near.