aberdeen-music

Cats

Jaaakkkeee

In a ploy to raise the mood, one of our cats had eaten some string, and had half of it hanging out his arse this morning.

Little bastard wouldn't keep still to allow me to pull it out. So I put him on the counter, and gripped the string, so when he jumped off he pretty much did all the work of pulling it out.

Definitely string and not a tapeworm?

• Upvote 1

Definitely string and not a tapeworm?

Good point. I don't think it was a tapeworm, as it wasn't moving and all he's been fed was cat food from the pouch. He has also been his normal self so I would have imagined had he had a tapeworm he would be off his food.

He could do with a dose of it to lose some weight, fatso catso.

Good point. I don't think it was a tapeworm, as it wasn't moving and all he's been fed was cat food from the pouch. He has also been his normal self so I would have imagined had he had a tapeworm he would be off his food.

He could do with a dose of it to lose some weight, fatso catso.

Does he get outside? Might be worth chucking a worm tablet down his gob or some spot on stuff on his coat just in case.

The outer Aberdeen cats protection have something like 20 kittens and 20 cats all looking for homes atm. The woman we met in bridge of don had no less than 10-15 kittens in her garage! They've been finding abandoned litters in barns and fish boxes left right and centre!

If you happen to be thinking about adopting, now wouldn't be a bad time!

xx

Spoonie's been pretty quiet of late...

Sorry to hear about your cat. : (

I was on holiday the last week, plus down south at my nana's funeral before that and a wedding before that. My dad lightened up dinner the night before the funeral witha story about a cat and a rock but I don't think this is the time or the place for it!

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

The rabbit lives in a hutch outside. He has a run which he gets out in when the wife and I are home. The kittens haven't been outside yet but there are a load of cats on my street and none of them have bothered him at all. Also none of the cats/kittens have ever bothered the small animals either. If Scampi has been used to hunting lots then it may be a bit of trouble but after a while (s)he'll realise they can't get at the rabbit and leave it alone.

As long as you have a sturdy cage then you're laughing.

xx

• 2 weeks later...
Beautiful. where'd you get it from?

It is just an ordinary male cat born on the farm across the road from me. It is four months old and is free to come and go as it pleases. After the above picture was taken it managed to get rid of the collar with the bells and now roams about Findon and brings back lots of birds and shrews which it kindly lays on the back door step. I already have one far away neighbour telling me it was "annoying" her female cat - obviously it has been reading some of the posts from Dubya.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...