aberdeen-music

Cats

Jaaakkkeee

https://new.livestream.com/FosterKittenCam/TheScientistKittens

Thanks to Pogofish drawing this stream to my attention I now have this running at work. Customers coming seem to love it - even people with dogs. All the purring sounds have a soothing effect to. They should show this stream on a screen at A&E to calm everyone down.

Thanks ago Pogofish.

Why are people having a go at me for buying a kitten that needed rehoming? Even if it had a home at the moment, people can't afford to keep all the cats so when I buy them from people instead of shelters, I'm still helping out kittens that need rehoming.

Because you are encouraging their irresponsible behavior. Those kitten have homes and someone paying for their food etc, the ones in shelters rely on donations. Can you not see that? Can you also see the difference from rescuing an animal from a shelter and buying a jumper from a charity shop? It's like the booze thread all over again.

Because you are encouraging their irresponsible behavior. Those kitten have homes and someone paying for their food etc, the ones in shelters rely on donations. Can you not see that? Can you also see the difference from rescuing an animal from a shelter and buying a jumper from a charity shop? It's like the booze thread all over again.

I can see the difference. I got told it was £50 from mrs murray's. I had £35 for a kitten. Better for value for money and it's unused. Bargain.

Fuck off*. I wanted a kitten, and I bought one. I heard it was £50 from mrs murrays so I abandoned that idea. I don't have the money. If mrs murray's sold for cheaper I'd easily have got one from there. Also, if you bothered to read what I said, I said I tried to save TWO from a minky place in inverbervie but they never got back to me.

*This is for gypsum, Milner, I'd never tell you to fuck off. And yes, I was joking about the better value.

Fuck off*. I wanted a kitten, and I bought one. I heard it was £50 from mrs murrays so I abandoned that idea. I don't have the money. If mrs murray's sold for cheaper I'd easily have got one from there. Also, if you bothered to read what I said, I said I tried to save TWO from a minky place in inverbervie but they never got back to me.

*This is for gypsum, Milner, I'd never tell you to fuck off. And yes, I was joking about the better value.

It's cool. Also if you want to tell me to fuck off at least quote my post. Anyway i'm sure with the money saved you can buy all the jumpers from a charity shop so it's win win for JakeBassist. Also you heard it was £50? Not even bother to enquire?
Also what about the SPCA or cat's protection?

We just found one on gumtree and went for it. In fact, I even wanted a ginger one but couldn't find one and I compromised. Thanks to me having a big enough heart and a little enough ego, I decided to stop the search for a ginger one and got a black one.

I take it all back. I am nominating you for the pride of britain awards.

FFS, the dude bought a kitten from a woman that was selling it. What's the big deal?

Why do people have babies instead of adopting unwanted babies that are not their own? IRRESPONSIBLE, that's why.

Why buy one when you can help out a bit and rescue one? Its pretty easy to do and there are loads of animals needing homes, why encourage people to breed them for a quick buck? If Jake had looked at the places that rehome animals he probably would have found a ginger one (the colour he was after) But yeah good point about adoption versus having kids, i now understand Jake wanted to give birth to the animal to make him feel closer to it, makes sense now.

• Upvote 2

While it doesn't really matter how someone gets a cat, maybe they're after a particular breed or whatever and it's up them in the end. I would point out that the £35 is a false economy as you then have to pay for injections and neutering yourself. While the £50 from a rehoming charity is to help cover the costs of those things already being done for you so it's actually cheaper.

Jake please tell me you are getting your cats neutered? Even if they're going to be kept indoors.

• Upvote 1

Jake doesn't mention that it was a breeder he got it from. It could have been the cat got preggers by another local cat and they had the choice of selling them off to people they could properly vet or dumping them on a shelter/in a box at the side of the road/in a bag off a bridge with bricks in it.

If you were in the sellers position, would you give them away or would you look to get some money back?