aberdeen-music

Cats

Jaaakkkeee

Aww she is adorable! Why does she have a wee cast? Did they shave her leg? Im assuming she is a bengal or something yes?

She is half bengal, half british shorthair. Its not a cast, it was a bandage. They had to put an IV in her leg because she needed extra fluids. When we got her home yesterday, they left the line in just in case she didn't drink anything or eat anything. But she had a cheeky nibble on some sensitive cat food. So we took her back this morning, and the IV was taken out and she has just a wee bandage covering the site of the IV.

So glad to have her back :)

Ahhh right, that makes sense. Yeah i just thought because of the spots she would be at least part Bengal, you dont really get that pattern with your british short hair cats. Good to hear she is on the mend man. The sensative food is good for getting them back eating, as long as they are eating a little you know they are getting better, cats just wont eat full stop if they are ill, same for drinking, or they eat grass and spew it all over your brand new rug and sit looking at it for ages waiting for you to clean it up..........

So Normally she shits once in the morning and once in the evening. Yesterday she hadn't shit all day.

We went to Asda and came back to the smell of a ripe turd. I was actually felt happy because I was worried about her. Then, the happiness turned to anger. She had done it on the fucking bed!!!

We gave her in to trouble and tried to shove her in her litter tray to show her where she should go. Then this morning she was scratching at the floor. I tried to put her in her litter box but she just wouldn't go in. I locked her in the living room while I went to work so she wouldn't shit on the mrs' pillow or something. I get a text from the mrs saying she went smack bang in the middle of the living room rug.

What the fuck?

The litter doesn't need changed but I'm going to tonight to see if it helps at all. She's always went in her litter tray so I've no idea why she's suddenly deciding it's not good enough for her.

• Upvote 1

Tried buying a new litter box? After a while they do get ruined by the all the piss. It worked for me, my cat is very fussy about her box being dirty, if she is not happy she walks away and demands to go out, if she doesnt get out she poops in the hallway. For a while she wouldnt use her box at all so i just bought a new one and it seems to have worked.

This is a new litter tray. We had one without a hood and then upgraded to this. And she does piss in it. I think. And the door/step thing doesn't make sense as she's used it fine for over a week. I'm gonna change the litter. I might put her in the tray then put the hood on, trapping her inside as she just won't go through the door. MWAHAHAHAHAH.

Like I said, take the door off but leave the hood there. Something's obviously freaked her out - could be that by putting her in there yourself you've now made her scared of it, or she associates it with being in trouble.

The other option is, if you happen to still have the old tray, have both sitting out for her.

xx

Jake,

She is probably going back to that spot as you might not have got rid of the smell of poo - so they go back to where they know to poo (i.e. where the smell is).

We got some stuff from Pets at Home, its the kitten stuff and it has a smell additive to make them go to it. Once or twice they have pooed outside it, but still in the vicinity of it - I think just because we hadn't cleaned it enough.

Failing that it might be worth putting it in a room with a door, and closing her in it overnight? just to see if she uses it during the night. If she uses it once, then she will start going back to it (one would assume).

/edit - it also might be worth taking the lid off (if possible?) as she might not be comfortable inside it. We bought our two a hooded cat bed with a pillow. They wouldn't go near the thing, put them in it, and their claws and legs would go out to try and hang on to an edge to get out. But we took the pillow out, and put their cat blanket it, and they got used to the smells of it, and going in it. Now one of them sleeps in it.

aye dont throw her in there, she wont want to go back, it took scampi a few weeks to use her new box i had to leave both out, she is terrified of going into boxes anyway so she took some persuading to use a the box rather than the tray.

on a non-poo related note, scampi is an awesome name for a cat.

We end up referring to our two by any duo names. Fats and small, Pinky and Perky. Occasionally they get Adolf and Ava if they have been a right pair of nightmares.

• Upvote 1

So Normally she shits once in the morning and once in the evening. Yesterday she hadn't shit all day.

We went to Asda and came back to the smell of a ripe turd. I was actually felt happy because I was worried about her. Then, the happiness turned to anger. She had done it on the fucking bed!!!

We gave her in to trouble and tried to shove her in her litter tray to show her where she should go. Then this morning she was scratching at the floor. I tried to put her in her litter box but she just wouldn't go in. I locked her in the living room while I went to work so she wouldn't shit on the mrs' pillow or something. I get a text from the mrs saying she went smack bang in the middle of the living room rug.

What the fuck?

The litter doesn't need changed but I'm going to tonight to see if it helps at all. She's always went in her litter tray so I've no idea why she's suddenly deciding it's not good enough for her.

Cats are naturally very clean animals. They don't want to drop turds in the middle of the floor as they'd much rather bury them somewhere. If she's doing that a lot I'd suggest she's either upset about something or there's a problem with the litter tray. Is it close to her food/water by any chance?

If she's only started doing this since you got the new covered one then try taking the door off for a few days until she gets used to going in and out of it (keep the hood on though, just remove the door). Then you should be able to gently show her how the door works once she's used to the new tray. Just shoving her in is likely to upset her more. Cats are curious, open the door a bit and she'll stick her head in. Then she has to open the door to get back out.

Came home yesterday, no poops. Fed her. Started doing dishes. Heard I noise. She had tipped over the uncovered litter tray. I went to pick it up and noticed a poop IN it. I rejoiced. I changed the litter (it was due a change) and put the lid on. This morning I woke up to a poop IN THE LITTER TRAY AGAIN.

I don't think I've been so happy to see a shit.

• Upvote 4

Cats are bent. I have a massive scratch on my leg where one of the cats was going mental playing with a toy nearby where I was sat. It's a good 6 or 7 inches scrape right down my shin. Loads of blood. Is it humane to seek vengence by punching it in the face whilst it is asleep? I'm thinking it is, but I need a 2nd opinion.

• Upvote 1

And it's only a punch in the face. I'd say we'd be pretty even.

It didn't hurt much, but my David Beckham-esque calves have been tainted with a big red wound. That's the issue here.

If you value your face you'll avoid attacking the misses cat, remember she has claws, and the cat wont take too kindly to it either!