aberdeen-music

What game are you currently playing?

Lemonade

The BBC as usual have their fingers on the technological pulse with a story from 3 days ago.  The servers were ruined on the American launch however they've reduced server load by removing noncritical features for the time being and for the EU launch (last night at midnight) they also added another server and it seems to be stable.

Like I say I got on last night at about 12:30 and it was fine.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-03-08-simcity-servers-appear-to-be-coping-as-game-hits-uk

With this new Sim City, do you have to be connected to the internet at all times to play it? I'm moving house this weekend and the new place will be without the internet for 2 weeks. The missus wants a game to play, but it will be a bit pointless if she can't play it without the internet that we won't have.

With this new Sim City, do you have to be connected to the internet at all times to play it? I'm moving house this weekend and the new place will be without the internet for 2 weeks. The missus wants a game to play, but it will be a bit pointless if she can't play it without the internet that we won't have.

Yeah it's always online, don't bother unless you have the internet.  It is amazing though, I played lots over this weekend.  Worth it when you have internet.

Also apparantly they are rewarding people who own the game already with a free game for putting up with the server fiasco.  Which is kind of a nice move.  For EA anyway.

I've got Sim City. Made a city on one of the EU West servers, but couldn't get logged in last night due to "waiting room".

I'm torn between games to play. Got Sim City, WoW (I know shoot me right) and Voltz/Feed the Beast mod for Minecraft.

Kids nowadays are spoilt with games to choose from.

• 2 weeks later...

Completed Bioshock Infinite last night. What a game and what a mind fuck!

I really enjoyed the soundtrack too. At one bit I was in some bar and the music playing was very familar. Turns out it was Tainted Love being blasted out ragtime style. Lots of tunes all done 1912 style are scattered throughout.

My only gripe with the game is the same gripe I've had since the first Bioshock outing. You aren't punished enough for dying. You get killed, Elizabeth revives you and you are back at it with full health and some more ammo if you were running low. At least in Infinite they recharge some of your enemies health but battles that should be really challenging can just be grinded though by just going in full throttle with no regard to your safety.

Edited by Flights

Completed Bioshock Infinite last night. What a game and what a mind fuck!

I really enjoyed the soundtrack too. At one bit I was in some bar and the music playing was very familar. Turns out it was Tainted Love being blasted out ragtime style. Lots of tunes all done 1912 style are scattered throughout.

My only gripe with the game is the same gripe I've had since the first Bioshock outing. You aren't punished enough for dying. You get killed, Elizabeth revives you and you are back at it with full health and some more ammo if you were running low. At least in Infinite they recharge some of your enemies health but battles that should be really challenging can just be grinded though by just going in full throttle with no regard to your safety.

I see your gripe as a plus for me. This is the first FPS shooter I've properly got into, probably ever. I'm really, really bad at it. So I'm pretty chuffed that I can run into the scene of combat, spin around in a circle firing my machine gun and lobbing fire grenades, die, and then respawn, knowing that everyone I killed previously is still dead. Take that, Columbia.

I started off doing that anyway. I've gotten a little better at hiding and then jumping out from behind a wall and leathering the fuck out of a bunch of cronies with my MURDER CROWS! Love those guys.

I've never been one for FPS games at all. Bulletstorm was fun, but not really challenging. Just a whole lotta fun blowing up everything whilst not really using any sort of strategy. There was no need to hide when you could flip the baddy up in the air, then blow him in half with a bomb. I only got Infinite because I heard people saying it's, like, the best game everrrr, and it's won buttoads of awards. The story sounds great too, and the whole presentation of it is quite spectacular. Riding the sky rails and taking down an baddies from above is immense. Columbia in general looks well smart. Loving it so far.

I was a bit worried about a game where you have to look after someone the whole time, after playing GTA, having to protect your mates whilst they go running right into where EVERYONE IS SHOOTING and unsurprisingly getting the shit shot out of them. Luckily, Liz is badass. Infact, she doesn't need me. I'm slowing her down. I should just give her the guns, and then hop on a Zeppelin to Paris. End Credits.

• 3 weeks later...