aberdeen-music

2011/2012 Season Thread

french_disko

Aluko is a complete cunt, the way the little smug bastard speaks in the paper makes me hate him even more, hopefully young ryan jack does a simmo to him next time the scum play at todders.

Yes its harsh, but the little fuckwit has lied and bad mouthed the dons.

Fucking hell, you are the worst kind of football "fan".

I still haven't recovered from Adam Johnson leaving us to go to Man City. What a ridiculous move that was - can't believe he would turn his back on the club that raised him just so he could go and play for a team that might win everything instead of staying at Middlesbrough where he'd have the complete adoration of the home fans week in and week out until he put in a slightly below par performance because he's essentially carrying the team as the only good player there and the fans would start getting on his back about it. Crazy. Fuck that guy.

• Upvote 1

The main gripe I have with Aluko is him thinking he's better than he is. He said this on his Twitter the other week: "I'm a footballer not a politician.my success isn't based on popularity.I don't play to please every1 but to maximise this gift God gave me!".

Now surely not playing since May isn't maximising the "gift" he was given. I'll be honest, I have no idea how a championship or 1st division team haven't snapped him up, but I'm sure he had more options than Rangers. Scummy, dirty bastards. I hope he's shite :)

I still haven't recovered from Adam Johnson leaving us to go to Man City. What a ridiculous move that was - can't believe he would turn his back on the club that raised him just so he could go and play for a team that might win everything instead of staying at Middlesbrough where he'd have the complete adoration of the home fans week in and week out until he put in a slightly below par performance because he's essentially carrying the team as the only good player there and the fans would start getting on his back about it. Crazy. Fuck that guy.

I would have stayed (if it was Newcastle, fuck playing at the Riverside!), not blaming him or anything, just my opinion.

I wish him no harm, but similarly couldn't give a f**k how he gets on. He used to play for my favourite team and now he plays for my least favourite team. Without a doubt, he was definitely one of our better players over the last 4 seasons, but yeah, he no longer plays for us, so I don't care.

The whole compensation thing must have been a total nightmare for him, to be fair. That's probably why he hasn't played since May, because no club valued him at the level of compensation we were due. The ordeal might have stunted his career slightly, and made him bitter towards us, but The Dons had to stand strong and get the money we were due.

End of.

yeah sorry that really was one of the those posts i should have left for a minute before hitting post reply. I just read him talking about how Rangers is the only Scottish club he has ever wanted to play for along with him ridiculing what Brown said about his reasons for leaving and got a tad annoyed, saying jack should do a simmo was not needed, i still hope he gets a good fucking kicking when he comes here tho, minus the serious injury. Its just annoying we were fed this line about him wanting to move home and yet he has ended up at another scottish club, and not just any other scottish club.

Guest Gladstone

I'm astounded that people believe what footballers say these days. And can't you see that even if he wants to move home, he'll have more of a chance of getting there by using Rangers as a stepping stone first?

Gladstone is right. Anyone who takes what a footballer says as gospel is a lunatic. Like all those Everton fans who call Rooney a judas because he said he was "Everton til I die". He was 17 when he said that. What the fuck does a 17 year old chav know about how the world works? He didn't have a clue until a big club showed him what he could really be earning. Even now, he keeps saying he's at United forever, but he'll fuck off within 3 years, without a doubt.

Guest Gladstone
Gladstone is right. Anyone who takes what a footballer says as gospel is a lunatic. Like all those Everton fans who call Rooney a judas because he said he was "Everton til I die". He was 17 when he said that. What the fuck does a 17 year old chav know about how the world works? He didn't have a clue until a big club showed him what he could really be earning. Even now, he keeps saying he's at United forever, but he'll fuck off within 3 years, without a doubt.

And, didn't Everton net something like £27m on Rooney when he was just a kid? Of course someone with Rooney's talent wasn't going to stay at Everton forever. Those days have long gone. It's sad, because those days were quite cool, and transfers were actually exciting when they happened, but football is nothing like that anymore. A million transfers every window. And the vast majority of professional footballers see it as a job/career and want to make as much money out of it as they can.

Another good example is Robbie Keane. The number of Celtic fans who idiotically drooled over Keane coming to his "childhood heroes" was ridiculous. Good player and he was a good signing for the short time he was there, but being Irish doesn't mean he's die hard Celtic fan. Especially having just declared his undying love for Liverpool about a year earlier.

Football fans are fucking stupid.

Guest Gladstone
Believing football players is one thing but believing Robbie Keane is even worse. He had childhood dreams of playing for every club going.

If I was a top football player I wouldn't stay at one club. It'd be a great opportunity to live in various great cities around Europe.

Yeah - exactly like Sone Aluko.

Birmingham -> Aberdeen -> Glasgow

LIVING THE DREAM!

:)

• Upvote 2

I don't think there's anything wrong with seeing football in the same way someone would see their own career ladder. I admire Matt Le Tissier for sticking with Southampton, but what did he achieve on a personal level as a footballer? He didn't win anything of major worth, when he had all the ability to be playing for a top side. I think if he'd been at United/Liverpool/Arsenal, he would have played for England alot more than he did. I genuinely think he missed out on being accoladed as one of the best by playing for a side who struggled for the most part. I've got nothing against players taking the next step to play at a level they are worthy of. I've got less respect for managers/chairmen who desperately try to keep hold of a player who continually expresses his desire to leave, especially when it is to take a step up in their career, and play for a side challenging for major honours.