aberdeen-music

2011/2012 Season Thread

french_disko

Blackburn's second goal. What? WHAT? Pederson decides that he can do whatever he wants when it comes to corner taking and dribbles it straight into the box without anyone else touching the ball. How does that go unnoticed by the officials? Yakubu's foot was nowhere near the ball when he put it on the spot and ran into the box. WHAT?

Blackburn's second goal. What? WHAT? Pederson decides that he can do whatever he wants when it comes to corner taking and dribbles it straight into the box without anyone else touching the ball. How does that go unnoticed by the officials? Yakubu's foot was nowhere near the ball when he put it on the spot and ran into the box. WHAT?

They are getting out of hand. I've seen them done where the taker touches it ever so slightly, and catches the defending team out. No way that was touched though. Ridiculous.

That sounds awful, though I'm not sure why you didn't walk away in a blank silence and cut him out of your life as soon as you found out who he supported. It's kind of your own fault really.

I have low standards for friends. Sit next to me, chat a bit and drink lots of beer. It's all I ask really.

It was a good game. Weird how awful Chelsea were though. They really are missing something. Malouda was untouchable season before last, but now he looks very poor, even though he got the assist. Mikel is just awful. David Luiz is a dangerous liability with a temperament that makes Javier Mascherano look like Peter Beardsley. Torres just gives no fucks. Laughing and smiling at the final whistle was odd, when your team have just lost. They need Essien back quite desperately, as there's just no drive in the midfield. No one in there can really drag the whole side forward.

It was a good game. Weird how awful Chelsea were though. They really are missing something. Malouda was untouchable season before last, but now he looks very poor, even though he got the assist. Mikel is just awful. David Luiz is a dangerous liability with a temperament that makes Javier Mascherano look like Peter Beardsley. Torres just gives no fucks. Laughing and smiling at the final whistle was odd, when your team have just lost. They need Essien back quite desperately, as there's just no drive in the midfield. No one in there can really drag the whole side forward.

Ramires plays out of his skin every time he's on the pitch. He should be playing the Essien role not Mikel.

Yeah, Ramires is getting alot better. Looked a bit lost when he first joined. Mikel should be playing the not-picked role. Seriously awful.

Mata looks better when he's more central than outwide. He should play in a midfield 3 with Ramires and Lampard. Anything to get Mikel out of there. I'll play there if it means Mikel doesn't play. I'm probably just as good I reckon, and I'm shit.

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiite.

A central defence of Terry and Luiz is just taking the piss just now. Both of them get caught out all the time and do so many stupid things.

Really thought we were going to win it after the equaliser. The 10 - 15 mins after we had them on the ropes. Johnson scoring the winner is sickening.

Don't know what GNev is going on about saying Chelsea have had loads of right back problems and if only they'd stuck with youth we could have Glen Johnson. He may have scored, but he's still shit.

Ivanovic is better than Johnson every day of the week. Johnson is good going forwards, but he really should be a winger. Ivanovic can do it all. Solid. Bosingwa is good too. GNev jumped the shark a bit on that one. No one really expects goals from a full back. They are a bonus. Look at King Pat. Hardly any goals ever, yet he's the best player in history. Proof.

Guest Gladstone

Just read Terry Butcher's rant from Saturday. I've always thought he was a bit of a penis. He is correctly aggrieved about the red card though - that was a shocker from the referee. The only thing in the ref's defence was that he was behind Samaras when the players went up for the header so wouldn't have been able to see that the ICT player didn't elbow him. But how he could send a player off for something he clearly can't see is beyond me.

But Butcher's rant about refereeing in general seems a bit off, particularly his complaint about not having a penalty in 15 games. You can't just expect to get a certain number of penalties per match - it doesn't work like that. Generally, if you're bottom of the league, you will be a poorer team than the 11 teams above you and you'll be in the opposition box less etc etc. They did have a soft shout for a penalty on Saturday, which sometimes would have been given - it's difficult to see from the highlights whether Ledley got the ball or the man first - but it would have been a soft penalty if given. I just looked up the penalty stats, and Butcher crying about no penalties in 15 games seems ridiculous when Celtic, second in the league have had 2 penalties in 14 games. Rangers have had 5 penalties, but then they're top of the league so you'd expect that. Aberdeen and Dundee Utd also haven't had a penalty according to these stats:

http://www.statbunker.com/football/btb/index.php?PL=competition&CompID=369&statType=teampen&x=27&y=13

It is quite interesting that none of the top 3 have conceded a penalty though. That will get the old firm haters going ;)