aberdeen-music

2011/2012 Season Thread

french_disko

AMERICA(n Samoa) FUCK YEAH :rockon:

Got a bad feeling Chelsea are going out. Thankfully the game with Valencia is not at the Mestalla. But they've been playing some good football lately and gave Barcelona's high defensive line a lot of problems earlier in the season and I can't see them not scoring against us based on recent form.

United, City and Chelsea fighting for the Europa League title!

I think he'll be great at Rangers. I'm obviously a wee bit miffed in the same way I'd be miffed at any ex Don playing for Rangers, but I do hope he does well (personally only, obviously).

The most frustrating thing about the whole 'saga' is the central belt press going on about how Aberdeen were 'ruining his career' by 'not letting him sign a contract' because he 'just wants to play football'. Incorrect. There has been a contract offer on the table from Aberdeen since he left the club (there has to have been in order to get our compensation) - if it was about playing football, he'd have signed it.

• Upvote 1

Aluko is a cunt. Thought he was better player than he actually is, meaning he hasn't had a game since May. Wanted a move back to England but has magically signed for the Scum. I hope we trounce Rangers the next time we meet.

Bullshit!

He wasn't happy at Aberdeen so why should he have stayed? He's been in limbo a little bit for a year or so now so it's fair enough to want a move, whether its to try his luck with a better team or just to kickstart his career. A team with European aspirations (more than Aberdeen, anyway) and the chance of winning silverware comes in, so of course he's going to sign for them. Possibly a good career move for him. What's the problem? He saw his contract out and was, overall, a good player for us. So reel your neck in.

Guest Gladstone

I'm with Nef C on this one. Just because the fans love a player, doesn't mean he should stay there at all costs. He stayed at Aberdeen a lot longer than I expected to be honest. Aberdeen are getting their compensation too (and Aluko is paying some of it himself!!).

Why a player should be expected to turn down a move to a better team, with more aspirations of silverware, European football, and being in the shop window a lot more etc etc. is beyond me. He wants a move to England, which he is far more likely to get whilst playing for Rangers than he is for Aberdeen.

If I was a young professional footballer and had the chance to play for Rangers, I would take it. It wouldn't be my first choice - i.e. if I had a similar chance at Celtic at the same time, it would be a no brainer, or a team in a better league etc. but if my two options were Aberdeen on x per week or Rangers on x per week (i.e. same wages), I would probably go to Rangers but realistically he will be being offered more at Rangers than he is at Aberdeen, so that comes into it too.

• Upvote 1

Well thanks Nef C, but I actually supported Foster and still do. Aluko is a cunt. End of.

Excellent reply! No, you're right, end of. That's it guys, debate over! Never mind addressing any of the points I made, that's it, we're done here, lads.

(And I said you sounded like, not you were.)

Aluko is a complete cunt, the way the little smug bastard speaks in the paper makes me hate him even more, hopefully young ryan jack does a simmo to him next time the scum play at todders.

Yes its harsh, but the little fuckwit has lied and bad mouthed the dons.

What a fucking awful post. You're a total psychopath!

Also, genuinely, what quotes are you attributing to him? I may have missed these so it's a genuine enquiry, link a brother up.

Aluko is a complete cunt, the way the little smug bastard speaks in the paper makes me hate him even more, hopefully young ryan jack does a simmo to him next time the scum play at todders.

Yes its harsh, but the little fuckwit has lied and bad mouthed the dons.

Woah, woah, woah! I'm not a particular fan of the moody twat but chill oot.

Referencing 'doing a Simmo' does nothing for anyone, lest Simmie's actual and successful career with Aberdeen which has forever been overshadowed by the Durrant incident.

Secondly, where and what has Sone supposed to have lied about?