aberdeen-music

2011/2012 Season Thread

french_disko

Either way it's fucking stupid when the only viable bid left is the one that is going to liquidate the club rather than seek a CVA which Bill Ng and Blue Knights have both said they want to avoid.

The way it's all going is, the yank will get the club, go to liquidation, the SPL/SFA will bottle punting Rangers into Division 3 and will dock them 10/15 points for the next two/three seasons, no changes will happen at all and Scottish football will carry on descending into obscurity.

Its beginning to look like liquidation was always the way this was going to go. The other SPL clubs would not be doing what they are doing unless they suspected something like this was happening. The fact the administrators have taken so long over this also makes me think that. This will be the end of Rangers as we know them, what happens from here will be very interesting. I'd actually say things will change, in a good way. It will be interesting to see how many "dont do walking away" when they are playing East Fife on a tuesday evening.

The way it's all going is, the yank will get the club, go to liquidation, the SPL/SFA will bottle punting Rangers into Division 3 and will dock them 10/15 points for the next two/three seasons, no changes will happen at all and Scottish football will carry on descending into obscurity.

If a newco Rangers stay in the premier league I'm done with Scottish football (along with a massive majority of others I would imagine).

This has to be the time to totally overhaul all the leagues and voting system, otherwise Scottish football is finished.

In all seriousness, Johnny Mac has it right: any newco-R****** that gets parachuted into the Self Preservation League with a token points penalty would kill the league off: I suspect it would be the last straw for most non-OF supports, which are down to the hardcore already. My money's on them being demoted to SFL1 with aforementioned points deduction, but I'd prefer them out of the game altogether, natch....

This could take some time then...

"I'll buy it if you don't"

"Me too"

We were talking about this in the office. It's like you're sitting around with your mates at KFC and there's a bit of chicken left and everyone is saying "I'm not hungry but if it's going to go to waste I'll take it." Nobody seems to want to grab the bull by the horns and the administrators are stringing it out. About a month ago it was DEADLINE DAY LOOMS, HUNS ARE FUCKED. And since then it's been "Ach, i suppose I'll buy it. Nah, changed my mind. Aye, well if you put it like that, I'll put my name back in the hat".

Just hurry up and bulldoze the place down.

But they're currently in the shit, so they should be flogging them on the cheap. It's like selling a house which is on the verge of falling down, and telling the buyer "this house could look proper smart if you put in all the legwork to do it up, so for that, it'll cost you half a million"

I'll buy Rangers for a tenner.

Guest Gladstone

I think the attraction will probably be that it can be liquidated, debts written off etc. and then start again with a clean slate.

If that happens and the cunts get straight back into the SPL, then the league is finished because other teams with mounting debts could see that as a viable option. It would be massive double standards to not let Hearts do the same thing, or Celtic, or any of the other teams. Load of pish.

They should be told to get to fuck. If they liquidate and start again, they should only gain access to the SPL if they get promoted from SFL 1 - and it is then up to the SFL which league they accept them into (if any). Teams shouldn't be able to walk straight into the SPL. Otherwise, what's stopping a Highland League team just getting a shit load of money behind it and asking the SPL to accept them in directly instead of having to get into the SFL and work their way up?

I'm all for the SFA sorting the leagues out and having it under one body, and if Rangers are liquidated, they can start at the bottom division with a 20 point deduction for the first two seasons or something like that.

New rules on wage caps might be a good idea whilst they're at it too. Some more measures to keep teams from falling into ridiculous debt levels too. All very simplistic and high level, I know, but this is a massive opportunity to give Scottish Football a big hoof up the arse. Tell the Old Firm to get to fuck if they don't like it.

I think the attraction will probably be that it can be liquidated, debts written off etc. and then start again with a clean slate.

If that happens and the cunts get straight back into the SPL, then the league is finished because other teams with mounting debts could see that as a viable option. It would be massive double standards to not let Hearts do the same thing, or Celtic, or any of the other teams. Load of pish.

They should be told to get to fuck. If they liquidate and start again, they should only gain access to the SPL if they get promoted from SFL 1 - and it is then up to the SFL which league they accept them into (if any). Teams shouldn't be able to walk straight into the SPL. Otherwise, what's stopping a Highland League team just getting a shit load of money behind it and asking the SPL to accept them in directly instead of having to get into the SFL and work their way up?

I'm all for the SFA sorting the leagues out and having it under one body, and if Rangers are liquidated, they can start at the bottom division with a 20 point deduction for the first two seasons or something like that.

New rules on wage caps might be a good idea whilst they're at it too. Some more measures to keep teams from falling into ridiculous debt levels too. All very simplistic and high level, I know, but this is a massive opportunity to give Scottish Football a big hoof up the arse. Tell the Old Firm to get to fuck if they don't like it.

I agree, this needs to be cleansing time and if they just let the Huns back in, then what little credibility the Scottish game had is fucked. It needs to be one body and the sooner they wise up and get this mess sorted out, the better.

Ex Man City, played a bit under Hughes, and once tipped for greatness. Now the top scorer at Sheffield United. A Welsh striker.

And a fucking rapist.

A lot of morons on twitter saying 'some girls beg 4 it frm pro-footballers on good money'

What's everyone's thoughts on Craig Brown? I think, after that semi final display, he'll be here for one more season. Either we'll do well and he'll retire or he'll stay the same and will be sacked.

In the sober light of day, once the hysteria over the unbeaten run and the cup semi, I've been thinking there's been very little improvement since McGhee... What do the rest of the Pittodrie faithful think?

Just checked the guys profile on Twitter who said that girls beg to be raped from pro-footballers: turns out that his name is Cameron Darkwah and he plays for Stockport County in the English Conference!! Unbelievable!

I would imagine there are women who do throw themselves at these guys because of who they are, but thats absoultely no excuse for what has happened with Evans.

Regarding Brown, i think we have to give him another season at least, chopping and changing every few years does us no good, he has made us a more solid team which is a fantastic start, lets see if he can make us more interesting in an attacking sense.

Just checked the guys profile on Twitter who said that girls beg to be raped from pro-footballers: turns out that his name is Cameron Darkwah and he plays for Stockport County in the English Conference!! Unbelievable!

Going from your own quote of him he didn't really say they beg to be raped. He's saying that girls throw themselves at pro footballers when they realise how much money they get payed. Which I don't think is untrue I bet even Liverplol troglodytes do well with the ladies. However it still wasn't something particularly clever to tweet.

Going from your own quote of him he didn't really say they beg to be raped. He's saying that girls throw themselves at pro footballers when they realise how much money they get payed. Which I don't think is untrue I bet even Liverplol troglodytes do well with the ladies. However it still wasn't something particularly clever to tweet.

Reading the rest of his tweets, it seems to be he wasn't talking about rape. Certainly not smart, given the context of the rest of his comments, agreed.

Do you mean was not? I just read his tweets to you and although he's clearly a mong he does seem to be saying he didn't mean rape he actually meant attention.

Sorry! Very bad typo! No, he doesn't say girls should be raped, but comes very close to justifying that sort of behaviour by saying girls are asking for it by begging for attention. And yeah the guy IS a mong, Captain America, he truly is.