aberdeen-music

2011/2012 Season Thread

french_disko

fuck the world Cambridge won at Stockport yesterday afternoon first league win an an age.... amazing how a win makes life feel so much better! Especially away!

had to chuckle at how low on the football radar MOTD think Liverpool are their defeat to Sunderland was second last match on the programme.

Oh dear Spurs have gone well shit since pizza lover quit England!

Man City will win the league for the next 15 seasons

Man Utd will be fucked the minute Sir Purple Face either retires, goes upstairs or dies

Didn't get to watch any footie today. Kinda glad, sounded shit. Some interesting results but far from interesting games by the sounds of it.

I'm glad kean has stuck it out at Blackburn, I think they'll be ok. Fuck knows what's going on with the owners and im sure there will be more to the story but on a human level it was horrible hearing the abuse that man got and I'm a sucker for a triumph over adversity story so I hope he continues to win people over. Although it seems most Blackburn fans just want rid of everyone involved in the club.

I'm glad kean has stuck it out at Blackburn, I think they'll be ok. Fuck knows what's going on with the owners and im sure there will be more to the story but on a human level it was horrible hearing the abuse that man got and I'm a sucker for a triumph over adversity story so I hope he continues to win people over. Although it seems most Blackburn fans just want rid of everyone involved in the club.

Couldn't agree more. I still don't think he's ready to manage a premier league club, which isn't surprising as this job is his first as a manager, but I'm glad he's stuck about and he seems a nice bloke. Hopefully he can keep 'em up and build on his experiences from last season and get Blackburn back to mid-table obscurity, where they belong. His decision to let Samba and Nelsen, the captain and vice captain, go out the back door on the relative hush hush was pretty uncool, but that could be a lot to do with the owners. They don't seem to know what they're doing or have the club's best interests at heart, with an emphasis on the phrase "don't seem to." There's always a lot more to these things than the fans know about or understand. On the other hand, at least they've stuck with an underachieving manager, which is very rare and good to see.

Man City will win the league for the next 15 seasons

The same was said about Chelsea with their millions. They'll obviously be regular contenders, and win it sometimes, but United are still massive, and Chelsea are still rich. Both clubs in a bit of transition. Chelsea will get it right once they settle on a manager, and United just need midfielders who are better than Carrick and bloody Anderson.

Chris Maguire has joined Portsmouth on loan. Hope he gets a chance. Still reckon he would have been better spending another season with the Dons and establishing himself. So many young players chase the cash down south when they're still young and get stuck amongst the myriad of promising youngsters in the reserves.

United

City

Arsenal

Newcastle

Hopefully! Top 3 is very feasible at least.

United's run in right up to the City game is very favourable, whilst City have to play Arsenal away and Chelsea at home. They should ideally be winning every game, which is realistic, as they came out of their "tough period" only dropping points at Stamford Bridge.

Jesus.....Fraser Fyvie hasn't half taken some knocks for an 18 year old. On a stretcher again after another shocking tackle. Stonewall red. Hope the loon's alright.

Totally didn't aim to do that because we play them again next week. Not at all. HMM.

Jesus.....Fraser Fyvie hasn't half taken some knocks for an 18 year old. On a stretcher again after another shocking tackle. Stonewall red. Hope the loon's alright.
Totally didn't aim to do that because we play them again next week. Not at all. HMM.

Totally, i know that challenge was pretty bad but, fuck me, is that Fyvie boy made of glass. He'll need to toughen up a whole fuckload if he's every going to play in a more competative league that the SPL.

Totally, i know that challenge was pretty bad but, fuck me, is that Fyvie boy made of glass. He'll need to toughen up a whole fuckload if he's every going to play in a more competative league that the SPL.

Aye, that's very true. Does need to toughen up but that will come with age I reckon. He's younger than I am, I think he's yet to turn 19!

Fyvie's only long-term injury was torn cruciates I think. Not really an issue of toughening up with that one. Also, this is the tackle that had him stretchered off yesterday:

legg_14_380x223_1469026a.jpg

A full force lunge at speed connecting with you like that is going to cause anyone damage.

I've seen Fyvie take some pretty hefty challenges and just get on with it. Any knock he does get he recovers fairly quickly. He can also 'get stuck in' as well as most in the SPL. Toughening up ain't his problem, its inconsistency (although, played a few great games recently).

Pawlett (made of glass) and Megginson (lightweight) on the other hand, do need to toughen up I feel. Both have potential to be great though.

• Upvote 2