aberdeen-music

2011/2012 Season Thread

french_disko

Yeah i guess its only natural they would send someone up to have a look at him and Jack to be honest, it does seem like someone is to leave the dons tho, we have a team of central mids again.

Folly will be gone as soon as his illness has cleared up. Possible 'mutual termination'...apparently he had a collapsed lung?!

Best case scenario, Arnason away in summer. Fyvie likely to leave, again hopefully summer if at all. Consider both of those cover for Milsom and Osbourne's injuries meantime.

Would leave us with Rae, Hughes, Osbourne, Milsom and Fyvie (hopefully) for next season. Nae bad considering Broon seems to be a fan of playing four central midfielders anyway. Definitely need width. A young winger in on loan would be ideal.

Looking forward to see Rae, though, reckon he'll enjoy his football at Aberdeen.

His post on twitter was great:

Thanks to all the dee fans. Really appreciated. Hope you understand. Big opportunity to play for my home team, Stand free #COYR

I think we'll be pleasantly surprised with him and he'll do a job. Great to see someone actually wanting to play for the Dons.

29lbrm1.jpg

Again, according to Twitter, this is footage of a Liverpool fan doing a monkey gesture as Evra took a throw in. They're not racist though, because they have signed an African player.

Oooooh, I've suddenly got an itchy armpit!

Anyway, in Scouse culture this gesture means "let's be friends"...

loads of rumours floating about on talksport this afternoon... best one was Clive Dunn to QPR! Wayne Bridge already signed on loan for that notorious big club retirement home Sunderland, the Carlos Tevez machine rumbles on... think City should keep hold of him just out of spite!

Seems strange there is matches on deadline day, don't recall this before! I find it quite a circus but good clean family fun, I expect some mediocre loan players to be shipped in from abroad to bolster the numbers in already pretty shit squads...

David Pizarro to City? Past it. Saha to Spurs? Tidy. Zamora and Cisse to QPR? Crazy. Arshavin back to Russia? Standard. Wayne Bridge to Sunderland? Injured.

I thought today was going to be rubbish. It's been ace. West Ham and QPR are buying ALL the strikers.

Apparently United are poaching one of City's youngsters. Freddie Vaseli. U17's Swiss captain. He's not a midfielder though, so why bother?

David Pizarro is the deal of the day for me so far. Quality player who's playing style means he'll be able to play at a high level for at least another couple of seasons. City have been crying out for some creativity from deep, and that's exactly what Pizarro offers. He's a very under-rated regista, a first-class passer and a clever holder who's very small but often wins the ball through superior anticipation and positioning. I'm baffled that Luis Enrique hasn't found a place for him at Roma this season, but whatevs. I'm not sure how City plan on using him but Pizarro could fit into a number of midfield combinations and would compliment Toure and De Jong very well. My only concern is that he's been playing in Italy for years and I'm not sure how he'll perform in the Premier League where opposition midfielders will be in his face all game.