aberdeen-music

2011/2012 Season Thread

french_disko

I'm annoyed it's taken this long for the FA to do something. In the workplace if there's something amiss then employees will sometimes be suspended with full pay until the investigation/disciplinary works out what has happened and what action to take. They may be innocent or guilty but it gets them out of the picture in case they are actually guilty of what they are accused. The FA really should've taken this stance at the very beginning.

But of course, if he was to be found innocent still not re-instate him just for being a massive bell-end.

Guest Gladstone

If he was still outstanding at centre half, they would not be stripping him of the captaincy etc. This is an easy way to drop a guy that's just not as good as he used to be.

Remember the fiasco when Alan Shearer booted Neil Lennon in the face. Whether or not you like the fact Neil Lennon got booted in the face, the FA were out of order (going by what allegedly happened). I know that was a long time ago, but I've no doubt that if they could get away with it they'd do it again. If star man Rooney was the one at the heart of this racism nonsense and found guilty prior to the Euros, do you reckon he'd be dropped from the squad? Even if (for example) it was Ashley Cole he'd racially abused? No chance. If Wayne Bridge had been humping John Terry's missus, do you reckon Bridge would have been completely ruled out of contention for the World Cup? I bet he would have. The other way round though, Terry was seen as more important to the team and they took the captaincy from him but still picked him. I though that was a load of bollocks, football is a team game and the fringe players like Bridge form part of that team - one bad egg in a team can totally ruin the team spirit, regardless of how good that player is.

What I'm saying is - they've got it all wrong. (or something)

Yeah your right Terry of 5 years ago would have been able to make this disappear very quickly, the FA would have made sure of that, now he is on the edge of being past it they are not so willing to do anything possible to protect him.The FA are a disgrace as well, appeal against Ronney's red card, yet throw out appeals for things half as bad on a week to week basis, they have pretty much lost control of their players now a days.

Terry is a complete bellend, one of the worst English players around.

If he was still outstanding at centre half, they would not be stripping him of the captaincy etc. This is an easy way to drop a guy that's just not as good as he used to be.

Remember the fiasco when Alan Shearer booted Neil Lennon in the face. Whether or not you like the fact Neil Lennon got booted in the face, the FA were out of order (going by what allegedly happened). I know that was a long time ago, but I've no doubt that if they could get away with it they'd do it again. If star man Rooney was the one at the heart of this racism nonsense and found guilty prior to the Euros, do you reckon he'd be dropped from the squad? Even if (for example) it was Ashley Cole he'd racially abused? No chance. If Wayne Bridge had been humping John Terry's missus, do you reckon Bridge would have been completely ruled out of contention for the World Cup? I bet he would have. The other way round though, Terry was seen as more important to the team and they took the captaincy from him but still picked him. I though that was a load of bollocks, football is a team game and the fringe players like Bridge form part of that team - one bad egg in a team can totally ruin the team spirit, regardless of how good that player is.

What I'm saying is - they've got it all wrong. (or something)

On the flip side, they banned Rio Ferdinand for 8 months for missing that drugs test when he was still very much at the top of his game.

Guest Gladstone
On the flip side, they banned Rio Ferdinand for 8 months for missing that drugs test when he was still very much at the top of his game.

Perhaps John Terry got involved in that one, seeing as he's such a big racist (allegedly).

That's it? That's a good journalistic headline he doesn't actually "tell" them to surround the ref. He just said if they should do it because the other teams do it already to effect decisions.

Hardly makes a great cause for disliking him, it's not like he's fucking his teamates wives/girlfriend, or glassing DJs in bars, racially abusing opponents like other players have done.

Is John Terry even going to be a guarenteed starter now? Lescott's been doing very well, and Chris Smalling is quite an unsung hero in my opinion, who is in the shadow of the clumsier, more error prone Phil Jones. I'd rather have Smalling alongside Lescott or Jagielka. Bit more pace and athleticism about them both, and nobody likes John Terry. Rio just isn't up to it these days. Even when he was injury prone, he would come into the United side and play very well. Now his injuries are sandwiched between poor performances. Which is a shame. I like Rio.

But if you take it from terry, who do you give it to? The england team is populated by horrible characters. The experienced players Gerrard, Rooney, and Ashley Cole are all massive bell ends with black marks in their past. The rest will probably be quite inexperienced, or not captain material. If Parker gets picked and is looking to start every game, then it should be him. Failing that, Joe Hart I suppose.

I'm annoyed it's taken this long for the FA to do something. In the workplace if there's something amiss then employees will sometimes be suspended with full pay until the investigation/disciplinary works out what has happened and what action to take. They may be innocent or guilty but it gets them out of the picture in case they are actually guilty of what they are accused. The FA really should've taken this stance at the very beginning.

But of course, if he was to be found innocent still not re-instate him just for being a massive bell-end.

I think it was difficult for the FA, because there was nothing concrete, just hearsay and one word against another. I think any sort of actual punishment was completely out of their hands, as it was being dealt with by the Police rather than the FA. I believe the FA were waiting for a verdict, but since the Justice System has taken so long to do anything, the FA seem to have just gone "Fuck this" and taken a bit of action themselves, which is good at least.

But as always, months before a tournament, England are surrounded by non-football related controversy. No wonder everyone hates England. They are the Liverpool of the International stage. Wall to wall knobheads.

Parker would do it proud, but Capello seems to see him as a bit part player, rather than a guarenteed starter. He's probably going to try and force Lampard, gerrard and Barry in there somewhere, because he just can't let it go that it DOESN'T WORK AND THE YOUNGER PLAYERS ARE BETTER AND PARKER DOES ALL THE THINGS THAT BARRY AND LAMPARD DO, BUT MORE BETTER.

Jack Wilshere has been Jack Wilshere.

I will not explain my dislike for him.

Because I can't.

I can. He's a worse tackler than Paul Scholes. He's a proper ankle kicker. He also did that rant to the papers saying that Arsenal players need to get in the referees face more.

Great footballer. Horrible prick.

Guest Gladstone

But as always, months before a tournament, England are surrounded by non-football related controversy. No wonder everyone hates England. They are the Liverpool of the International stage. Wall to wall knobheads.

You do realise this stuff is peddled out every two years so that there's an excuse for not winning the tournament, right?

Rather than just admitting that England aren't quite as good as the best teams in the world, they always say that it's to do with the media interventions, the stories behind the scenes, the colour of the wallpaper in the hotel room, the FUCKING WAGS, anything other than a lack of footballing ability.

I used to genuinely think England had it in them to win the World Cup if given the correct guidance and to be fair I still do becuase it's not always the best team that wins tournaments, but the England players are nowhere near as good technically as the best players from Spain, Netherlands, Germany, Brazil, Argentina, Uruguay, San Marino, Portugal (there are probably others that I'm forgetting) - even though they might still beat these teams on occasion, they are definitely not as good as them, much in the same way as Greece once won a tournament because they were well organised.

I said that England could win the 2010 World Cup and instantly felt like a big shit after seeing their insipid performances. Football has evolved a shitload since Greece's win and it'll take a lot more than good organisation and determination to dethrone Spain, Germany or the Netherlands in 2012.