aberdeen-music

2011/2012 Season Thread

french_disko

Joey Barton on his potential move to QPR: "The latest is that we are just completing the final stages of the medical, so we will just get that over and done with and then see where we are at. I have not made a final decision just yet, but speaking to the club, they have got big ambitions and I had to come down and hear what they have got to say and go through the formalities of the medical side of it just in case any deal does happen."

Warnock is saying "I am not getting my hopes up. We've made him a very good offer and I think Joey appreciates that."

I really wanted City to get Barca too, to give them a slap in the face with the cold hard hand of reality. Their group still looks pretty awesome though. I hope they get dicked.

United's group looks guff. I imagine they will purposefully play 1st gear football, home and away, for the sake of fatigue. 0-0 away to Benfica. The rest, narrow wins, but never troubled.

At least the Scottish sides are losing to teams that play in their respective top divisions. Nacional from Portugal are being beaten 2-0 by Championship Birmingham. The same Birmingham that lost 3-1 to Middlesbrough at the weekend. Portuguese football should be ashamed of itself.

yeah but once you take out Sporting, Porto, Benfica and at a push Braga, there is not much left of any note in the Portuguese league!

i'm not embarrassed. fuck all to do with aberdeen, or the rest of scottish football.

The teams representing Scotland are supposed to be the best we have and it reflects on the quality of our game.

I watched the Celtic game tonight and there was no room for complaint. The beat team won.

Not really sure how to express how angry I am watching that team decline in front of my eyes at a rapid rate. At 1-0 tonight and requiring one goal, I could not see any belief in the players themselves.

Players just stood off all night and it was frustrating to say the least.

Lennon has signed a whole host of players and very few are actually any good. His choice of team and tactics must be drawn from a hat each morning.

It's painful to watch and luckily/sadly depending how you look at it, Rangers are every bit as bad and every other team will only ever aim for top six at best with no real ambition or funding for more.

It's a real horrible time for Scottish football. It was tough getting thumped off Rangers in the dark years, but it seems all teams are on the slide these days at a worrying rate.

How rounds of qualifying is that going to mean for European competitions next year?