aberdeen-music

2011/2012 Season Thread

french_disko

Fucking hate that Sky Sports advert with the fake Crouch robot dance. Chuff off.

Can we please get Aguero on instead of Adam Johnson. I'm fed up of Johnsons disappearing acts. Or instead of the two holding midfielders!? It's fucking Swansea not Barca get Barry off. Big Nige has got that shit covered.

Silva looks quality at least.

I'm a bit disappointed with Gary Neville's punditry career so far. He's being quite diplomatic and even a little bit likeable. Fucking puff. Why's he not being a right massive cunt? I was expecting him to have the MUFC crest inked onto his junk, which he would flap out and press it into Jamie Redknapp's face whilst chanting #GARY NEVILLE IS A RED. IS A RED. IS A RED#

Poor show.

he's not likely to go into interviews saying "the boys are shocking, that guy mackie can't finish worth a fuck and vernon's got the touch and pace of a sloth. frankly i'd be amazed if either of them could score in a brothel."

they know we need a striker, hence why they keep getting them in on loan. slagging our existing strikers in the press isn't going to help them score though.

I wasn't suggesting that approach (although different people react to different motivational techniques) - just thought the Mackie stat was a real straw clutcher. Maybe his only other one was that Michael Paton scored in training a couple of weeks ago. Anyway, don't get me wrong, I love Craig Brown like family and have no doubt we'll come good (because "come a bit better" isn't a known phrase)

What do you think will be the outcome of the "basement battle" on Saturday RossP? Are you going to the game?

Aguero is going to rape pretty much every side in the bottom 14. He'll still do a good job against the top 6 too.

Aguero currently holds the best goals to minute ratio in Premier League history. Let's see if he can keep scoring 4 goals every 90 minutes. I bet everything on 'yes'

Just a shame he plays for the Blue shite. What a Kunt.

Robbie Keane is such a lucky guy. Already played for just two of his probably many boyhood clubs, and now he's getting a crack at the MLS, a league which he says he has always wanted to play in. Always. A 31 year old Robbie Keane has always wanted to play in an 18 year old competition. Always. He just smashes all his dreams. Unbelievable.

But can he do it on a cold winter's night at Stoke?

On that note Stoke's tactics seemed even more in your face against Chelsea at the weekend. Don't know whether it was just a first game of the season but Shawcross should have walked for his constant ill timed tackles. That one he got booked for on Torres was shockingly bad, the ball was about 6 feet away by the time he made the tackle.

I admire tony Pulis a lot actually. As unattractive as it is to watch, he's done exactly what he needs to become a decent prem league side. Their first season up everyone assumed they were relegation fodder but they ground out wins here and there. Now they're a big bogey team. He's only now just started to look for flair players and that's wise IMO. Look at hull or blackpool who tried to play like the big sides and failed. Shrewd management at the cost of attractive football but it's ultimately going to pay off I think. They'll nab a Europa league spot this season I reckon.

I think we've seen a good example of just how scrutinized everything is in footy these days. That new Man Utd keeper was getting absolutely lambasted on 606 the other night by Robbie Savage. Give the guy a break, he's 19 and just stepped into the foray of one of the biggest clubs in the world. It'll take time for him to settle in his new surroundings, sure Sir Purple Face thoroughly did his homework before splashing out 19 million. Players just aren't given time now before every fucker starts having a pop. In any case Man Utd didn't lose either game.

Meanwhile Aguero scores a couple of crackers early in his Man City career and every fucker is creaming over him. I'd be expecting him to do that for that kind of outlay! I think both players need some time before being so critically assessed. Its the nature of the game these days mind with so many outlets to vent our views!

Robbie Keane just makes me chuckle every time he moves club and comes out with the same guff. Sure he's found his level in the MLS with a cracking wage to boot!

I agree with ca_gere regarding Stoke City. I can't have anything but admiration for what they have achieved in a relatively short space of time, with little or no real investment. So few clubs have achieved what they have without alien investment; I like the fact that they have no superstars at the club, and don't look like they intend to have any superstars. Pulis has assembled a really capable squad, identified their strengths and weaknesses, and deployed systems and personnel available to him that exploit the strengths and shadow the weaknesses. That has to be commended, as it's a refreshing approach when compared to Liverpool, Manchester City, Tottenham, and to a smaller extent, Aston Villa; who spunk all their money away on players who largely still have a lot to prove.

Yet, like Liverpool, Manchester City and Tottenham, Stoke City are taking part in European competition. I think that is great.

I don't think their style of football is as terrible as people make out. Etherington, Pennant, and the probing Glenn Whelan are all very capable and athletic footballers. I heard Marcus Hahnemann on the radio over the weekend slate and belittle Stoke's style of play, yet he was at Wolves for the final two years of his career. Get a grip, Hahnemann, you fud. You played for Wolves - a team even more reliant on braun and bustle than Stoke ever have been in the Premier League.

In short, I appreciate Stoke City and fucking hate big clubs - apart from Machester United because they are just an excellent, excellent football club in my estimation. I tried to hate them throughout my teenage years, but just couldn't. I don't support them; I just absolutely respect them.

I also disagree that Stoke are unattractive to watch. I love a bit of rough and tumble much more than watching Arsenal pass it sideways for 10 minutes solid without ever getting into the penalty area, yet that is lauded as playing "the right way". Stick it to the big man, and watch him barge his way through whippet fullbacks. 'Ave it!

De Gea is getting torn to pieces too, which is a bit harsh. Leave the lad alone. He's practically a kid. If you bleed young players into a team, you have to accept they are going to make mistakes. Mistakes due to their lack of experience, not a lack of ability. He just needs to harden up, and he'll get there, with experience. That statistic about him conceding the most goals from outside the area last season is a bit out of context, because plenty of other top keepers in that division were very close by in that stat, so it just paints a needlessly ugly picture. From what I saw of him over the past season and a half at Atletico, he's got everything he needs in his locker. He just needs to be confident in what he can offer.

There's a bit of a curse of the United GK jersey though. Ben Foster, who I rate very highly, couldn't cope with the pressure either, and there's no chance in hell he is a poor goalkeeper. He is anything but. Tim Howard didn't quite cut it either, and I think he's a fine keeper too.

However, I personally think they should have handed the #1 shirt to Kuszczak temporarily. He's got experience playing for United, and he's not really ever done much wrong whilst doing so; rather than throwing a 20 year old into a proven problematic position right into the deep end. But I'm sure Sir Awex knows what he's doing.

I'm a bit sad that Eboue has left Arsenal to go to Galatasaray. He's a fun guy.

eboue-the-joker_o_GIFSoup.com.gif

Eboue is the man. Felt awful for him when he got booed by his own fans and he came off in tears. Tragic stuff.

Arsenal fans are just the worst. I hope they replace Fabregas with an 8 year old Argentinian prodigy, and an ultrasound of a foetus dubbed as the next Wilshere.

Can Mancini keep a large squad all happy and motivated like Fergie does and Wenger did. I ll be suprised if he can. Egos will rub each other up the wrong way and the house of cards may fall. Yes city are title contenders but lets not get carried away. It was nil nil at half time last night and they let 3 in in 45 minutes last weekend. Silva is a great player to watch he holds the key to any siverware. Kompany as captain was a great call. Get rid of super mario though before he causes grief.

Get rid of Tevez too, and his constant pissing and moaning. City are rich beyond any sort of comprehensible proportions. Do they really give a toss if they get any money for him? Let him go for free, for the sake of the morale of the dressing room. I bet he's getting 3 or 4 times the amount the likes of Kompany, Richards and Hart do; players who have been there since before all the celebrities climbed aboard the gravy train.

I'd keep Mario though. He can perform when he wants to. Dzeko, Aguero and Balotelli is a decent force, considering they mostly play with 1 striker anyway, with Silva and Yaya supporting the frontman. Johnson cuts inside alot too.

Ah whatever. They're all cunts and I hope they get fucking relegated

Middlesbrough won AGAIN. I'm really confused but happy - that's 4 away wins in a row and 15 games unbeaten in all competitions for us going back to last season. I don't know what Mowbray's done to Marvin Emnes to make him into the kind of player who scores 6 goals in 4 games but I'd like him to keep doing it.

Bates bashes Leeds 'morons' | Leeds United News, Fixtures, Results, Transfers | Sky Sports

"I'm saying I'm unimpressed by the demonstrations of a few morons on Saturday and ain't going anywhere soon," said Bates.

"Some fans may not like me, or agree with me, but you're stuck with me.

"I saved your club in 2005 and 2007 when nobody else would. The rebuilding of Leeds United is a bit like sex. In an age of instant gratification, Leeds United is having a long, drawn-out affair with plenty of foreplay and slow arousal.

Ken Bates and foreplay are two (okay, three) words I hope to never hear in the same sentence again. :puke: