aberdeen-music

2011/2012 Season Thread

french_disko

Spurs vs Everton cancelled.The rioters have gone too far now, it's time to get vigilante on their asses. Nigel De Jong can channel all his pent up aggression and dirty tackling into taking out the culprits. Balotelli should also be involved. Now that would be something I would actually pay to watch on Sky.

In other news.... read this on the BBC gossip column

Rangers have responded to Kenny Miller's claim that they waited too long to bid for their former striker by saying they offered him more than the club he joined - Cardiff City.

When will they learn that treat 'em mean, keep 'em keen does not work when signing players? It's as if they think offering more money at the 11th hour makes up for them treating clubs and players like crap.

Ryan Jack and Josh Magennis both scored last night in the Under 21 fixtures. They'll start banging them in for the Dons starting on Saturday. (or maybe that says that scoring at U21 international level is easier than domestic competition and Rigter's record there should be discounted). Anyway, I'm going to trust CB and AK to look beyond Wikipedia and make a decision as to whether this boy will enhance the team :)

Barca, Schmarca. Yawn.

:up: :up: :up:

I don't think he's still on loan there is he? His work permit was granted on Tuesday so he might play for Arsenal this year.

Great player. Sensational talent was absolutely ripping up the Dutch league last year.

The last time I read about him, Arsene Wenger was in a position where he needed to decide whether to involve him in first team duties this coming season or loan him to Feyenoord again due to doubts over the work permit, so if he's been granted a permit there'll be no reason to send him to Feyenoord again. I don't think he'll breakthrough this coming term, but perhaps the subsequent season. Looks like he could do some damage.

The last time I read about him, Arsene Wenger was in a position where he needed to decide whether to involve him in first team duties this coming season or loan him to Feyenoord again due to doubts over the work permit, so if he's been granted a permit there'll be no reason to send him to Feyenoord again. I don't think he'll breakthrough this coming term, but perhaps the subsequent season. Looks like he could do some damage.

I think he'll get a chance this year. With Nasri likely gone he'll at least get the Carling cup games and maybe 10 sub appearances in the EPL. I think he will do ok attacking his pace will scare the pants off of most full backs and he's not a bad crosser of the ball.

Shame Arsenal then have no one to head it as Chamakh will likely be affy tired.

Have you actually seen him?

I can't imagine he's been on TV much given his club history. He's played for nobody of any note, other than Blackburn whom he played 2 games for before being punted out on loan to various places. His Wikipedia page reads 18 goals from club 141 games.....that's a Darren Mackie-esque strike rate.

I'll grant you that he did OK for the Dutch U-21 side, but he hardly looks like the 20 a season goal machine that we've been craving.

I must admit, I had it in the back of my head that his scoring rate on his various loans was a lot better. He certainly looked like the real deal.... about 6 years ago..... Maybe he can find that form at The Dons. Lets just close our eyes and cross our fingers.

I have seen him play once a couple of seasons back for Blackburn, he came on as a sub and that's about all I remember.

Maybe not then.

Hillsborough looks like it's closed for the Sheffield Wednesday v Blackpool match tonight.

Probably because 21,000 (TWENTY ONE THOUSAND) people turned up for a League 1 match against Rochdale last weekend. Ridiculous numbers. That's their fill for the season.

Blackburn are going to get stuffed in the next round. I don't know who will score the goals though, as I haven't got a clue who any of the current crop of players are.

finally my season gets going tomorrow at long bloody last! I'll probably be wishing it was still pre-season come 5PM tomorrow. Be good to have the Match Of The Day/Football League Show double header back on a Sat night for hardly get out types like myself!