aberdeen-music

Your best night out ever

cool1

Have you ever had a night out that was really good and interesting.

share your stories here :up:

would be interesting to read

EDIT - if you find this thread rubbish why dont you moan at the person who started the banned bar thread because its the same but in different circumstances

Im looking for interesting entertaining stories and so was the other thread

Me, my mate Aaron and my mate Shaun went out one night. Had some pre-town drinks at Aaron's. Me and Shaun had a half a bottle of jager between us and Aaron had the other half. Plus some beer and sourz. We were blootered. Aaron worst of all though. We got a lift from a friend into town and Aaron jumped in the boot. Went to warehouse. Had a few drinks and Shaun disappeared. Went on to Korova and were dancing. Singing. Falling into people and spilled a few drinks. Got the fuck out of there. Went on to Exo. Had even more drinks. Met a few friends from my secondary school I hadn't seen in ages. They got us shots. Drank more. High fived everyone we saw. Danced with everyone we saw. Walked back to Aaron's. Had some popcorn and passed out round about 3ish. Woke up at half 8 and went got a mcdonalds before going to band practice. Best night out I've had so far.

Me, my mate Aaron and my mate Shaun went out one night. Had some pre-town drinks at Aaron's. Me and Shaun had a half a bottle of jager between us and Aaron had the other half. Plus some beer and sourz. We were blootered. Aaron worst of all though. We got a lift from a friend into town and Aaron jumped in the boot. Went to warehouse. Had a few drinks and Shaun disappeared. Went on to Korova and were dancing. Singing. Falling into people and spilled a few drinks. Got the fuck out of there. Went on to Exo. Had even more drinks. Met a few friends from my secondary school I hadn't seen in ages. They got us shots. Drank more. High fived everyone we saw. Danced with everyone we saw. Walked back to Aaron's. Had some popcorn and passed out round about 3ish. Woke up at half 8 and went got a mcdonalds before going to band practice. Best night out I've had so far.

Looking at your intake there, no wonder you've got the shits!

All the staff going out to one of the outlying camps at the club I worked at in upstate NY last summer.

Middle of nowhere, could be as loud as we wanted so we had amazing speakers for the music. Started around 7pm and it was about 6am by the time I went to bed. Just one of those great nights where everyone has a good time, no falling outs or tears or drama. There was even almost-skinny dipping in the river which was still warm from the glorious sunshine during the day. That one definitely stands out.

Hospital Radio in Leeds, after a gig my old band played. The queue for the bar was miles long, so when I got there, I ordered 5 cans of Red Stripe. I thought this was a good idea, but then I got bored of holding them, so I drank them as quickly as possible. I don't remember much after that. Woke up next to what can only be described as a footlong Curry Sandwich, which I don't believe is something I would order. Hangover didn't kick in for a few hours. I needed to spew on the bus home, and all I had was my guitar softcase with a big pocket on the front. That's where it went.

Getting pissed with the biggest band in South Africa then annoying the fuck out of Surfer Rosa's dad in the car home. SNR Rosa was not a happy man.

Haha, yeah that was the first ever time I had Jagermeister. I blame Ross from AGP for getting us in that state. School night and everything. How very mental.

That is the most average night out i can imagine.

At first I thought that was meant to be the intention of it..

Kavos with my chum who stays in Wales, we try to have a holiday each year so we can see each other for "quality time" but idea that fucked up last year.... The last night out of the holiday was really good fun, with lots of photos taken that we had no recollection of beign taken. Can't remember much from the night, but I know we were laughing our arses off for the majority of it. I do remember getting beaten at a thumb war by a gypsy.

NY 2005, went to a massive rave in Downtown LA, outdoor arena at the Colosseum. Can't exactly top raving your face off to Photek after the bells, outside in your teeshirt ,on new year's day. :up:

Nice..Photek ! For me, Logical Progression 3,Brixton Academy invite only 1998. :D

Bloody hell Cool1's reputation has taken a beating, I'm not fan of his odd question style, but there's something about it that it seems cruel to neg rep him, almost like he can't help it. Like picking on a spazzy kid.

And this thread is probably his most decent one but looking at his profile it appears it is this one that broke the people's resistance.

I'm not sure there's much difference between a good night and bad night out. You just need all the people to be in the right mood. What happens is kind of the same you just enjoy it more.

I was going to tell a few average tales but I had written two paragraphs about one night when I realised I could spend ages typing shit that really wouldn't be interesting and could be summed up in a few words so I'll try a concise version.

Once me and a few friends were out and about in the afternoon and got enticed into a pub by the lure of cheap beer. We ended up getting merrily drunk and later in the night found ourselves at a free outdoor festival in Badalona (just outside barcelona). Good drinking, good chat, some dancing, some flirting with some pretty girls, what more can you ask?

A favourite of mine is always the second day drinking, if you can rise yourself out of your hangover and start again it is often an even better day. After a big night on the beer I'm a fan of switching to red wine the next day. There have been a couple of times when I've met with friends in the afternoon all hungover and started drinking some wine slowly. Then the pace picks up and before you know it 10 hours have passed. Great times.

I spent a few months in Ghana and any time I got into the capital for a weekend was awesome. The fact I couldn't often have a "night out" made me appreciate it more.

Got completely wasted in the beer gardens of Munich once, that was awesome.

And numerous nights out in Aberdeen where I've been with good friends and had a good time and there's not much to it than that.

Oh, that was still quite a bit, but still much less than it would have been on the path I started out on.

• Upvote 1