aberdeen-music

The food court in the bon accord center is closing

cool1

How do you people know all this stuff about whos going in etc??

Who is to say the food court was a "local business"? It may have been but it's by no way certain. For all I know the Bob Accord Centre is owned by some Dubai based private equity firm or something.

Bon Accord is owned by the Scottish Retail Property Limited Partnership by the way. Its a joint venture between Land Securities and British Land. They own a few shopping malls throughout the UK. They own St Nicholas Centre too. Nice chaps.

Bon Accord is owned by the Scottish Retail Property Limited Partnership by the way. Its a joint venture between Land Securities and British Land. They own a few shopping malls throughout the UK. They own St Nicholas Centre too. Nice chaps.

A quick glance shows Land Securities to be a FTSE 100 company, so not really a "local business" at all and pretty much in the same boat as your McDonalds etc.

A quick glance shows Land Securities to be a FTSE 100 company, so not really a "local business" at all and pretty much in the same boat as your McDonalds etc.

They're still nice chaps. Just sayin'.

The centre needs a right good kick up the arse if it needs to compete with Union Square. The food court is something which has been needing upgrading for quite some time and should've been rectified a long time ago.

I read it in the paper a few months ago. I also read somewhere ages ago that Hooters were trying to open in Aberdeen. I think the Bon Accord would be the perfect place.

Hooters: Over the top, underdressed, and over here - Features, Food & Drink - The Independent

Five are to open their doors this year, in London, Manchester, Sheffield, Newcastle and Bristol. Further outlets from Aberdeen to Plymouth will be up and running by 2012, says the company charged with masterminding the UK expansion, Wings Over England Ltd.

The argument is raging most vociferously in Scotland where Cathy Jamieson, deputy leader of the Scottish Labour Party, has led the opposition, criticising the scantily clad waitresses upon which Brooks built his fortune as a "degrading spectacle". She said: "Scotland does not want these so-called restaurants coming to our cities. "

Nice of the Labour Party to tell me what I think. Cheers lads!

See also:

Hooters: coming to a town near you? - The F-Word

Hooters heads for Scotland - Scotsman.com News

Hooters is shit though. The food is fucking horrendous and the one I was in the service was shocking too, not even as much as a smile when orders were taken etc.

Obviously I can sympathise with the girls being there all day having their tits gawked at by a bunch of slack jawed cretins but if it's that upsetting get a job in a real restaurant?

I can't speak for every franchise obviously (assuming they are franchised, might not be?) but the one I was at was beyond terrible, I'd take being charged over the odds for mediocre food over being charged a fairly reasonable amount to be treated like a scumbag and fed shite any day!

I do love tits though....

xx

EDIT: May be worth noting that the Hooters I was in was in Sacramento, which is in itself one of the most hostile places I've ever been, second only to Peterhead.

I read it in the paper a few months ago. I also read somewhere ages ago that Hooters were trying to open in Aberdeen. I think the Bon Accord would be the perfect place.

I have some bad news for you. Hooters have shelved their plans for Aberdeen and will not be reconsidering the location until 2012. I tried my hardest to get them into the beach development last year but all to no avail. Gutted.

Just to provide some perspective (and talk about tits and flange) I moved to Bristol in October, shortly before Hooters opened their second UK franchise here (the first is in Nottingham). The food is what you'd expect - fried, pretty tasty but by no means exceptional. The service is a game of two halves in that it sometimes takes ages for things to arrive but the girls are friendly, attentive and above all, good fun.

If you like americanised pub food, a good laugh and massive chebs, there's nowhere better.

It's a sandwich shop on The Green near t'market. I don't know how good their sandwiches are.

their paninis are awesome. good friendly service too and they do chilli bowls. E.A.R.L are all round good eggs.

not the cheapest but i don't mind paying for good service and quality flavour combinations :)

• 1 month later...