aberdeen-music

Quick Questions

Frosty Jack

I see in Game and Gamestation you can get the 250Gb for only 150 just now...

Apparantly the red ring isn't as big of an issue on the new ones but the warranty is pretty good and as long as you lie to them it's free to get it fixed even if it does go.

EDIT: Link to offer. Product - Xbox 360 250GB Console

Nice one. I'll see if I can get a similar deal at the shop near me. I like dealing locally and it seems like the kind of place I could barter.

Guest Gladstone

It appears this question is still unanswered:

What happened to the Aberdeen Music mobile site?

Also:

What is it that actually makes my leg muscles hurt today - 2 days after I went for a massive cycle? I mean the science behind it. I know it's the fact that I exercised muscles that haven't been used for a while etc. but what actually causes that pain and stiffness?

Guest Gladstone
Lactic acid is it not? A by-product of anaerobic respiration (i.e. your body can't process/absorb enough oxygen to match the level of exercise you're doing and so aerobic respiration can't take place past a certain point).

I think. The more you train, the more your body can cope.

I thought that was what tired your muscles out in the first place and stopped them working so well - like towards the end of a game of football, your ability to do something simple like turn quickly becomes much more difficult.

Is still the build up of lactic acid in your muscles for a few days that causes the stiffness / pain?

I thought that was what tired your muscles out in the first place and stopped them working so well - like towards the end of a game of football, your ability to do something simple like turn quickly becomes much more difficult.

Is still the build up of lactic acid in your muscles for a few days that causes the stiffness / pain?

I'm wrong - lactic acid is during, 'DOMS' or delayed onset muscle soreness is 2-5 days after, apparently...

Muscle Soreness, Lactic Acid Buildup And DOMS Explained :: Health And Fitness Tips

Lactic acid is it not? A by-product of anaerobic respiration (i.e. your body can't process/absorb enough oxygen to match the level of exercise you're doing and so aerobic respiration can't take place past a certain point).

I think. The more you train, the more your body can cope.

Lactic is what affects you during strenuous exercise....what comes afterwards is called DOMS: Delayed Onset of Muscle Soreness.

Obligatory Wiki link

EDIT: Too slow as usual. I blame Delayed Onset of Muscle Slowness....a related disorder.

What is it that actually makes my leg muscles hurt today - 2 days after I went for a massive cycle? I mean the science behind it. I know it's the fact that I exercised muscles that haven't been used for a while etc. but what actually causes that pain and stiffness?

I have had the same problem since crouching doing gardening shite on Sunday.

I have attributed it to a combination of age and generally being a lazy c**t rather than anything more scientific.

Think of the rest of us next time, yeah?

I heard you were threatening to abduct cool1's family and everything.

I don't think I saw cool1 and idol_wild in the same thread. Just saying.

Joking aside, he seemed like a cool, clued up guy who spoke sense. Whatever the reason behind deleting (I'm sure its something innocuous like his bird said he was spending too much time on the computer or whatever) its a shame.

I have had the same problem since crouching doing gardening shite on Sunday.

I have attributed it to a combination of age and generally being a lazy c**t rather than anything more scientific.

Muscles ripping and repairing to adapt so you are stronger. That's how your muscles get bigger. They resize and in doing so they tear and repair themselves. If you don't do stretches and that it makes it so much worse.