aberdeen-music

Quick Questions

Frosty Jack

What is the whole point of trolling? Is it as simple as getting satisfaction from winding people up?

This is a genuine question. I've never understood it. Anyone can be an anonymous shit stirrer on the internet so why bother?

I think it's just the winding people up thing. I enjoy winding people up a bit too but there's a time and a place and it's ruining the internet forums IMO.

What is the whole point of trolling? Is it as simple as getting satisfaction from winding people up?

This is a genuine question. I've never understood it. Anyone can be an anonymous shit stirrer on the internet so why bother?

Yeah, I think the whole racist-trolling thing is pretty dull. You KNOW what the reaction is going to be, so why bother? Trolls really need to be more creative these days.

What are those small, grey, plastic things that are planted throughout the Aberdeen? The kinda look like bollards but i once saw an engineer working on one and they're full of wires. If i knew how to work pictures on this website (no excuses, i know) then i'd google street view one for y'all.

Is it one of these:

grey_thing.jpg

If so they are BT cabinets for phone lines, there may also be ones still about from Aberdeen Cable/Atlantic Telecom days.

yeah there have never been any interesting trolls on here.

the only one that still seems to keep going is Giles Walker constantly telling everyone on here how boring you all are because you're still not into Brazilian dubstep. considering he gets next to no response it shows how dull it is.

trolling can be great if you're actually creative and funny.

yeah there have never been any interesting trolls on here.

the only one that still seems to keep going is Giles Walker constantly telling everyone on here how boring you all are because you're still not into Brazilian dubstep. considering he gets next to no response it shows how dull it is.

trolling can be great if you're actually creative and funny.

Trolls only like music if it has a bridge.

• Upvote 1

Is it one of these:

grey_thing.jpg

If so they are BT cabinets for phone lines, there may also be ones still about from Aberdeen Cable/Atlantic Telecom days.

Nah, not one of those. Im struggling to find one on the ol' google maps. As soon as i do i'll post it on here. They look like a standard bollard albeit grey and plastic....with wires inside.

Guest idol_wild

I think it's boredom. I have to say, I was relatively proud of aberdeen-music's reaction to the racist trolling. Trolling or not, it'd be poor not to have picked him up on it.

Also, trolls are very dull people. Who probably failed to receive sufficient attention as a child from parents, peers, and teachers.

Guest idol_wild

In all seriousness, though:

The word "meme" is a shortening (modeled on "gene") of mimeme (from Ancient Greek ?????? Greek pronunciation: [m?m??ma] mim?ma, "something imitated", from ????????? mimeisthai, "to imitate", from ????? mimos "mime")[4] and it was coined by the British evolutionary biologist Richard Dawkins in The Selfish Gene (1976)[1][5] as a concept for discussion of evolutionary principles in explaining the spread of ideas and cultural phenomena. Examples of memes given in the book included melodies, catch-phrases, fashion, and the technology of building arches.[6]

Courtesy of Wikipedia, naturally.

Is there a way on Winamp to get it to automatically name my songs?

(it's not the classic version I'm using, version 5.6 or summat)

Where can I buy live food for reptiles in Aberdeen

I've been frequenting A1 aquatics on constitution street and been to pets at home, wondering it there is any more places.

What happened to reptiles in the green?

The premises on justice st/castlegate hasn't been open in a while, every time I walk past they gates are over the doors and looks like no one has been in a while, however the shop isn't empty. walked passed it regularly over the past few weeks but never seen it open :(

double bump or boobs to some