aberdeen-music

Quick Questions

Frosty Jack

This is doing my nut in!... got my macbook connected to my tv via hdmi + mini display adaptor. Picture works fine but audio is still coming out of the macbook. Vlc I can figure out how to change the audio output module so the audio plays through the tv but it doesn't work great with playing dvds and I'd prefer to use Apple's dvd player app. Question is, how do I get dvd player to play audio through the tv and not the macbook?

bump....

bump....

I may be stating the obvious.. but have you got some kind of audio output from your laptop feeding into your tv? A sort of novice way would be to get a jack to jack plug and connect it from your laptop headphone socket..

I'm sure there will be a better way to do this, particularly in terms of sound quality..

Hope I haven't completely missed the point of your question?!

I may be stating the obvious.. but have you got some kind of audio output from your laptop feeding into your tv? A sort of novice way would be to get a jack to jack plug and connect it from your laptop headphone socket..

I'm sure there will be a better way to do this, particularly in terms of sound quality..

Hope I haven't completely missed the point of your question?!

That was how you would do it with the old apple display port. The newer ones have audio out as well as video out (like hdmi). I'm sure there's a setting to change either in the dvd player app or in system prefs. I just cant find it.

Edit: thanks though. :up:

Any good websites/shops for last minute holidays or good deals that aren't to spain/greece/turkey? My gf wants to go away in June but I refuse to go to any of these touristy resorts. Somewhere in Eastern Europe would be good. Thailand would be amazing but don't think I can afford it!

Where can I buy live food for reptiles in Aberdeen

I've been frequenting A1 aquatics on constitution street and been to pets at home, wondering it there is any more places.

What happened to reptiles in the green?

The premises on justice st/castlegate hasn't been open in a while, every time I walk past they gates are over the doors and looks like no one has been in a while, however the shop isn't empty. walked passed it regularly over the past few weeks but never seen it open :(

That was how you would do it with the old apple display port. The newer ones have audio out as well as video out (like hdmi). I'm sure there's a setting to change either in the dvd player app or in system prefs. I just cant find it.

Edit: thanks though. :up:

Old Macs used to output picture only over DVI so it may be that there is no audio pathway on the HDMI output. I would expect there to be an option in the soundcard preferences maybe?

What are those small, grey, plastic things that are planted throughout the Aberdeen? The kinda look like bollards but i once saw an engineer working on one and they're full of wires. If i knew how to work pictures on this website (no excuses, i know) then i'd google street view one for y'all.

Anyone know the name of an old kids TV programme that had a group of kids with old artifacts, swords, chalices ect. A man was always after them, with this guy who could smell the artifacts, sniveling little thing with a weird snout helmet. Also remember the ghost of a drummer boy around a stone circle

Sounds mental but i know i'm not making this up.:swearing:

I remember this too. After extensive tinterweb searching i offer this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earthfasts_(TV_series)

I remember that smarmy little douche Paul Nicholls being in it...

What are those small, grey, plastic things that are planted throughout the Aberdeen? The kinda look like bollards but i once saw an engineer working on one and they're full of wires. If i knew how to work pictures on this website (no excuses, i know) then i'd google street view one for y'all.

Find one and post the link on google maps.

Does anywhere in Aberdeen hire mountain bikes out?

Yes. BeCycle. Not sure of the address right now, as I'm at work. But look them up. They are just off St Machar Drive, near those sheltered housing bungalows, down a little cobbled street. You put down a deposit and pick your bike. It's also a workshop too, with tools and parts, and expert know-how. Great place.