aberdeen-music

Quick Questions

Frosty Jack

Where is best to go to get a PC built now Sir Knight has retired? 

Looking to get a new gaming PC built, but i have limited knowledge of it all and need the right guidance. I was going to go to NE Peripherals, but they seem very expensive. 

Are you looking for guidance on components in the first instance, or going straight to the actual building part? I imagine there are enough gaming/IT heads on here to help you out with advice for parts, budgeting etc. 

Are you looking for guidance on components in the first instance, or going straight to the actual building part? I imagine there are enough gaming/IT heads on here to help you out with advice for parts, budgeting etc. 

Really someone who can help me the whole way. I have an idea of what i want inside it, but buying the parts, and putting them together is what i really need help with. Best places to go to get them cheaply and obviously having the thing put together well. Just not something i have any experience with. I was going to buy a decent laptop, but the costs are so high i would be better just building a new desktop. 

Someone on here pointed me in the direction of ebay. And I think I'm going to be going that route when I have the money for it. Some seriously decent spec PCs for really low prices on there, and they are all look to be from legitimate sellers.

For example, look at this: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Intel-I7-4790K-Quad-Gaming-Pc-Z97-Windows8-SSD-16Gb-Nvidia-GTX-760-2GB-Van-B-/371067887909?pt=UK_Computing_DesktopPCs&hash=item56655ea125

For comparison, a similar PC on Overclockers would cost you closer to a grand.

Edited by Teabags
  • Upvote 1

Cheers guys!! Much appreciated.

Ebay is something i hadnt thought about for buying a computer, the one in the link is about the range i wanted as well, maybe a bit over what i wanted actually.

I posted that link cos that's roughly the specs I'm aftter, which should be able to run pretty much all current games at decent-to-high settings. Might struggle with Shadow of Morder and it's stupidly huge almight godlike texture pack, but will deal with everythign else well.