aberdeen-music

Quick Questions

Frosty Jack

So I completely missed the fact that there was a bring and buy sale yesterday, does anyone know if this will be replicated in the future or if it was a one off? Also was it any good? 

cheers

I know Gav (who runs all this stuff at Downstairs) is constantly trying to bring new and worthwhile things to the city, so if yesterday was successful and there seems to be call for more, then it could well end up being a regular thing. Give Downstairs a shout on facebook and let them know that you'd be really interested to know if there are going to be more of them.

xx

So I completely missed the fact that there was a bring and buy sale yesterday, does anyone know if this will be replicated in the future or if it was a one off? Also was it any good? 

cheers

It was ok. 7 or 8 people brought various bits of kit - mostly pedals and a few guitars, although one guy brought a heap of bodies/necks/pickups. A lot of mainstream pedals (boss/ehx/voodoo labs etc.) as well as the usual cheaper stuff. YoungA's poker chip guitar made an appearance but did not sell.

ii brought a few guitars and there were people there to do PAT testing, Amp and PA repairs.

I'd say there were probably 20 other people in and out over the course of the afternoon, not sure how much was actually sold, I sold one pedal (which paid for a few beers) and swapped a couple of others. I'd say most of the sellers were ok, a couple maybe overvalued their kit a little, or were purely there to sell and didn't want to trade.

Not a bad start though, I'd go again.

My poker chip acoustic was the most looked at and played item there id say there was one persom who seemed pretty interested in buying it but she bought a 12 string pink electric...... If id known about it longer id have saved more dosh to bring. Im defo going next time im bringing the acoustic again

Freakshows work a little like that...