aberdeen-music

Gear that you want

Anybody seen this new range Fender are bringing out?

http://www.giggear.co.uk/n/new-fender-modern-player-series/

I'd be quite interested to try out a Marauder, and the Teles look pretty nice. But holy shit that is surely the ugliest Jaguar they've ever made.

I think that the P90 Tele is nice, but the rest gives me the dry boak. Much love for the J Mascis Squier Jazzmaster however.

squiervmjaguarfrd.jpg

I want this pretty badly, its a steal at £255 as well

SQUIER Vintage Mod Jaguar HH - Fiesta Red

I can happily confirm that the Jazzmaster version of this is pretty awesome. The only thing that could use tweaking is the electronics when it comes to the tone controls; although if you're liable to use them turned up max (as I am), it's not a problem.

I can happily confirm that the Jazzmaster version of this is pretty awesome. The only thing that could use tweaking is the electronics when it comes to the tone controls; although if you're liable to use them turned up max (as I am), it's not a problem.

The jazzmaster is tempting as well, which one did you get sunburst or blonde?

I like what I've heard and read of both, and both sound very similar. I think I prefer the idea of the Rebel purely because I'd rather get a single channel amp. I also really like how the Rebel allows you to blend the tones from both the EL34's and the 6L6's in the power amp. Tweaker seems to do alot of stuff I probably wouldn't ever use.

Did you get to crank them up loud? Ball smashingly loud?

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Spoiler due to images.

When I get the money from selling guitars while finally get the small head I wanted for ages with a 1x12. Currently it is this

Engl-Gigmaster-15-Head-E315.jpg

Then after that only one thing remains really... to get a custom 6 to match my 7. It's gonna be a blackmachine style guitar with bareknuckles and an ibanez prestige super wizard neck profile. Here's a couple made by the guy who built my guitar... still unsure which style to get but thinking of the solid ash style at the moment as it's a bit different from what I currently have. Plus not a big fan of binding either. My mate is ordering a custom from him with an ebony top on a mahogany body though and that may well tempt me into getting the same

b6style2.jpgb6styleguitar.jpg