aberdeen-music

Gear that you want

Black is a really dark colour, and I would totally have a black fender with a maple board.

Yeah I don't think it's specifically a dark light think, but there are some guitars I see and I think, that just shouldn't be maple. I like the lacquer on maple boards, but I feel I play better with a dark wood.

I think the sunburst jazz master look rough, but the butterscotch is the polar opposite - amazing. Looks just like my bass.

I'm in desperate need of some decent hardware. Probably 3 boom stands What would someone recommend that is affordable and reliable. My Stagg hardware is just so, so bad. I remember fiddling with DW stands at a gig a few months back, it was so easy to use and sturdy as fuck! Pretty expensive though...

I'm in desperate need of some decent hardware. Probably 3 boom stands What would someone recommend that is affordable and reliable. My Stagg hardware is just so, so bad. I remember fiddling with DW stands at a gig a few months back, it was so easy to use and sturdy as fuck! Pretty expensive though...

Value/quality balance wise, I would be leaning towards Mapex or Bigdog, if you're quite sharp I've seen them go quite cheap on Ebay, GAK might be worth a look too.

:up:

Surely there is no need for three booms with your set-up. Just get two straights (which are better anyway), one boom, and save yourself some pennies.

Value/quality balance wise, I would be leaning towards Mapex or Bigdog, if you're quite sharp I've seen them go quite cheap on Ebay, GAK might be worth a look too.

:up:

Cheers, I will have a look. I get most my drum stuff on Ebay anyway. Has saved me a lot of money in the past.

Surely there is no need for three booms with your set-up. Just get two straights (which are better anyway), one boom, and save yourself some pennies.

Probably one straight and two booms I suppose. I use different set-ups for every band: Carson Wells - up to 5 stands (two crashes, ride, splash and chinese. I know, sorry); Weather Barn - up to 5 stands, but normally 3 (two crashes, ride, tambourine (which can go above the hats if need be) and occaisionally my beloved splash); JJBATD - 2 stands (ride and tambourine).

What can I say, I like cymbals. I'm constantly berated for using to many (especially by D.I.Yers) but I don't care if it doesn't look cool. I guess I am a "metal-drummer" at heart. I will grow up one day....