aberdeen-music

Gear that you want

Entirely disagree. If it's on par with the recent Squier output, I'd totally scoop a maple-necked jazzmaster. The butterscotch one is the tits.

I now own one of these allegedly hideous guitars, and it is a beautiful, beautiful maple-necked butterscotch thing. When the hell did Squiers get better than Mexican Fenders?

I now own one of these allegedly hideous guitars, and it is a beautiful, beautiful maple-necked butterscotch thing. When the hell did Squiers get better than Mexican Fenders?

I got one of the Classic Vibe 50s Telecasters as a spare/project guitar. I put a spare six saddle bridge on it and some new pickups, it's been gigged now and I would say it was a bargain.

I got one of the Classic Vibe 50s Telecasters as a spare/project guitar. I put a spare six saddle bridge on it and some new pickups, it's been gigged now and I would say it was a bargain.

I can't believe how good the Duncan Designed Jazzmaster single coils are. I eventually got round to playing it through my Fender Twin, and it sounds really really bloody good. Definitely in no hurry to swap them. Deliciously surfy. Bargain bargain bargain.

I can't believe how good the Duncan Designed Jazzmaster single coils are. I eventually got round to playing it through my Fender Twin, and it sounds really really bloody good. Definitely in no hurry to swap them. Deliciously surfy. Bargain bargain bargain.

The DD P90's in the Squier Tele Custom are also very surprising. I still haven't swapped them as they sound like any reasonably high end P90 and do what I want them to do.

this

tn1_15979.jpg

145 delivered

always wanted a maple fretboard strat, this one has a nice red glittery finished when you look up close, the same as Lucky's red tele

would get a matte black scatch plate and pickup covers, probs black hardware too and a nice humbucker for the bridge

make it look a bit like this, w/o the floyd and have it HSS and standard switching/pots

09060815001629.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Need help to choose !!

I really need to choose one of these.....can you tell me which you like best ?

(These are possible choices for my next home built guitar... which I hope to start soon)

CGI visual representations.....

sam_s_choice.jpg

A = Fender-ish Natural Esquire c/w gold hardware

B = Fender-ish Tele Greenburst with Tort plate with Tele Bridge PU + SC + Hotrail

C = Fender-ish Tele Greenburst with Tort plate with Tele Bridge PU + P90 Soapbar

D = LP Junior-ish in Subtle Metalflake Black with wrapover bridge PAF Bucker and coil tap

HELP !........ I can't decide cuz I like all of them .....opinions please ??

thanks....

I really need to choose one of these.....can you tell me which you like best ?

HELP !........ I can't decide cuz I like all of them .....opinions please ??

thanks....

I'd go for option C too, purely because I adore the sound of a P90. Personally not a huge fan of green, but I think finish is a very personal choice, and I actually do think it looks pretty damn cool with the green tortoiseshell pickguard. I actually think it'd look pretty cool if it sported a cover for the ashtray too... Aesthetics wise if it was my choice, I'd make it blueburst and whack a white pearloid pickguard on there. :up:

I'd go for option C too, purely because I adore the sound of a P90. Personally not a huge fan of green, but I think finish is a very personal choice, and I actually do think it looks pretty damn cool with the green tortoiseshell pickguard. I actually think it'd look pretty cool if it sported a cover for the ashtray too... Aesthetics wise if it was my choice, I'd make it blueburst and whack a white pearloid pickguard on there. :up:

something like this ?

blueburst.jpg

:up:

I'm pretty tempted to get one of these.

Fender Products

I really should pay off my overdraught but hey, it's one damn sexy guitar.

Yeah, I've fancied a Billy Corgan strat for a while myself, almost bought one off ebay a while back, but on speaking with the guy selling it, he was cagey about hi-res pics so I left it.

My advice to you; pay off the overdaft, then buy one on 0% from one of the sites! It's not quite rock 'n roll, but hey it's win-win. ;)

• 2 months later...