aberdeen-music

2010/2011 Season Thread

framheim

Guest Gladstone

Fucksake. I had no idea he was training with Celtic. A failed Barnsley striker? We definitely don't need a guy of his age that's struggling for fitness and form. Especially not one with a coke habit.

Guest Gladstone
If I was a striker I wouldn't want to hear that said about me - it'd crush my self esteem.

It's true though. O'Conner is not better than Samaras.

Samaras has been terribly inconsistent in his time at Celtic, but he is a good player. He's been good most times he's played this season, and at times he's been brilliant. He isn't brilliant often enough though. The Stokes and Hooper partnership has been brilliant for most games, but sometimes they've been shite. That's why the Commons signing has been so good because often if either of those two hasn't been firing, Commons has always looked like he could pop up with a goal.

I wouldn't be too desperate to move anyone on, including Samaras. We have a fuckload of midfielders, but we've actually used them all because of injuries/suspensions.

I'd say the only area we're a bit light on is defenders, but even then I'd only be signing someone as a first 11 player that is better than we've got, rather than just filling up the squad with back-up. Mulgrew and Mastjorovic have been decent, but that could probably be improved on. Rogne looked the part until he actually got a run in the team and he started to make mistakes. Wilson and Izzaguire have been really good at full back, but the back up we've got for full back has been a bit shit. Hinkel must be due to return from injury sometime, but no idea how he'll be when he gets back. Cha was decent at the start of the season as well.

I hope the board/management don't go nuts trying to keep up with Rangers in signing new players - I'd much rather they kept a steady squad than broke this one up. One or two new faces that will improve the first team is all I'd be looking at.

Guest Gladstone

Some highlights of the Rangers 0-2 Celtic game from earlier this season - a couple of flashes of what Samaras is capable of when he actually tries. He's the most frustrating player we've had for many a year!

Needs a hair cut too. Wispy long hair is awful.

A centre half required for Celtic too, to play alongside Majstorovic - is the deal for Kelvin Wilson done and dusted?

I think Hinkel and Loovens will be sold/let go. Perhaps Hooiveld too - he's only out on loan isn't he? Rogne has loads of potential but not there yet.

Needs a hair cut too. Wispy long hair is awful.

Was going to post one of the many examples of your (formerly) wispy long hair but I decided that would be too mean, so I didn't.

Samaras has the face of Freddie Mercury with the haircut of the villain from No Country For Old Men.

I have genuinely never seen him have a bad Old Firm game (penalty miss aside). He is strong, fast and mobile, which the Orc defenders hate. Canna finish, though. If I were a Celtic fan he would frustrate me like no other.

Do you think he might play for them? I bet he does at some point when they have a heap of injuroes or something. Imagine going from playing at a reasonable championship side to a 3rd division Scottish side in one year! He may have been struggling at The Dons, but he certainly wont at Alloa. Anyway, good luck to him.

Samaras has the face of Freddie Mercury with the haircut of the villain from No Country For Old Men.

I have genuinely never seen him have a bad Old Firm game (penalty miss aside). He is strong, fast and mobile, which the Orc defenders hate. Canna finish, though. If I were a Celtic fan he would frustrate me like no other.

I confirm this to be true. I would have stuck with Stokes for the old firm games.

Arsenal? I thought he came out and proclaimed his love for United today, saying it would be "insane" to reject their offer? That's not even a question. He totally did.

Didn't know that, but they've both been linked with him. Then again Spurs and Arsenal at the moment are 'linked' with every semi decent keeper in Europe as they both desparately need one!