aberdeen-music

2010/2011 Season Thread

framheim

I've lost almost all interest in football thanks to this season. I wouldn't consider myself a fan of Inverness CT any more. Couldn't tell you where we are in the league, who we're playing next week etc. I think I'm just going to support a team that I have no affiliation with at all to get away from Scottish football. The game is an embarrassment. I've never understood why 'tribalism' has to be a part of watching football and why it makes it a better experience to go to a game. say whatever you like, it doesn't really matter. I look forward to a few years time when I move away and I never have to hear/read about the childishness of almost everyone involved in Scottish football again.
I fucking despise this season, everything about it from beginning to end has been poisonous, self-serving, destructive and farcical.

Everything is shite about fitba just now - everything. From FIFA corruption to the Premiership to bullets in the post to mail bombs to referee strikes to Mouriniho to the diving & bollocks at El Classico to a Hearts fan attacking Lennon... all shite. All of it.

Top that off with a utterly fucking shite season for the Dons & the National Team playing with no strikers.

Fuck all this bollocks, fuck it all.

Pretty much agree with the above sentiments. With the total fudging of the McLeish report thrown in, if there's any season going to drive you further away from the 'beautiful' game, it's this one just past... :down:

Man City are stupid.

There's no way Xavi would leave Barca. He said himself the only team he would leave for is United to play alongside Scholes, but he's due to retire, so that won't happen either.

I honestly don't think City need to buy much more. Perhaps a right back, and maybe a winger. If Tevez leaves, then replace him, but I don't think he will. The backbone is there, but I doubt they'll see any real sustained success if they continue with their revolving door transfer policy.

Man City are stupid.

There's no way Xavi would leave Barca. He said himself the only team he would leave for is United to play alongside Scholes, but he's due to retire, so that won't happen either.

I honestly don't think City need to buy much more. Perhaps a right back, and maybe a winger. If Tevez leaves, then replace him, but I don't think he will. The backbone is there, but I doubt they'll see any real sustained success if they continue with their revolving door transfer policy.

Still need a striker or two. Adebayor, Bellamy and Santa Cruz probably being sold, Balotelli suspended for half the season (unless he will be sold too) and Dzeko not really finding form yet.

So if Adebayor ,Bellamy and Santa Cruz are sold, that leaves Balotelli, Dzeko and Tevez (who might be sold). I forgot they also have Jo who may also be sold!

Even playing two wingers and one CF, you'd still like to have another world class striker to back up Tevez, and I'm not sure that could be said about Balotelli and Dzeko on current form. Almost contradicting this though, I think Bellamy could still do a job for them but since he's always nursing injuries and Mancini hates him don't see him staying.

Still need a striker or two. Adebayor, Bellamy and Santa Cruz probably being sold, Balotelli suspended for half the season (unless he will be sold too) and Dzeko not really finding form yet.

So if Adebayor ,Bellamy and Santa Cruz are sold, that leaves Balotelli, Dzeko and Tevez (who might be sold). I forgot they also have Jo who may also be sold!

Even playing two wingers and one CF, you'd still like to have another world class striker to back up Tevez, and I'm not sure that could be said about Balotelli and Dzeko on current form. Almost contradicting this though, I think Bellamy could still do a job for them but since he's always nursing injuries and Mancini hates him don't see him staying.

Dzeko's form will come, I'm sure. Arriving in January is tough for any player, and most don't find their feet until they get a good pre-season under their belt. It took Tevez a while to find his feet. Obviously if Tevez goes, then he'll need to be replaced, but a striking department boasting Tevez, Dzeko and Balotelli is remarkably strong.

Adebayor is awesome, despite being patchy and also a cunt. If he applied himself, and stopped being a cunt, he'd be one of the best around.

Dzeko's form will come, I'm sure. Arriving in January is tough for any player, and most don't find their feet until they get a good pre-season under their belt. It took Tevez a while to find his feet. Obviously if Tevez goes, then he'll need to be replaced, but a striking department boasting Tevez, Dzeko and Balotelli is remarkably strong.

Adebayor is awesome, despite being patchy and also a cunt. If he applied himself, and stopped being a cunt, he'd be one of the best around.

Balotelli is too inconsistent though. He can be unplayable at times and totally anonymous at others. Other than a few games, I don't remember him being all that remarkable this eason.. On paper 10 goals in 23 games is a decent strike rate but he's really not a team player and I'm sure you could buy a goal poacher who puts as little effort in and still scores more.

Adebayor is a strange one. I never saw him as dirty or even willing to tackle, but against Tottenham and Barca for Real he's gone a bit wild and slides in on everyone. Must be desperate to get away from City!

Guest Gladstone

I don't think Neil Lennon will be Celtic manager after the end of this season, even if he wins the league and cup double.

His family must be absolutely beside themselves all the time.

If he gets forced out, I think I'll give up on Scottish football all together.

It's been well that reported about Lennon this year, it seems it's now fine to jump on the bangwagon and hate him too,

Most people are just bitter for the sake of it, without even the slightest thought why they actually have reason to dislike him so much.

Everything he does is under the microscope.

The BBC who seem to have a couple of cameras at each game, must have one dedicated to Lennon to catch his reaction after every decision at a few games including the one after his touchline ban.

I feel it's time for the media to give him a break and stop putting at the head of attention to be shot down.

It's now only being reported that he is getting a difficult time, but I feel the media due to the silly amount of negative coverage they have given him have played a big role in why the hatred towards him is as bad as ever.

As for cupping his ears, that was never clever. However it amazes me that 40,000 people spend the entire game giving dogs abuse and calling him all the names under the sun, he cups his ears and that's fine. He cups his ears and it causes a mahem.

Not to mention a few that felt the need to report it to the police.

This season has been horrible.

The Old Firm game that ended up in front of Hollyrood, I mean, come on. It was really handbags and everyone reads the papers and believes it was a major right that disgraced the country.

Ever watch a game of rugby? Those guys stamp on each other, punch each other on the blind and major confrontations in loads of games.

That's dismissed as it's a mans game with nothing more made of it.

Some shouting and bawling and it's a national disgrace?

To much this season has been blown out of proportion by the media and the anger has built on much of that.

Ever watch a game of rugby? Those guys stamp on each other, punch each other on the blind and major confrontations in loads of games.

Bollocks. Rugby has citations that are applied after the game and if a player does throw a punch or gouge/stamp on someone they get a proper ban. Talking like 10 weeks here not a 3 game suspension if they are actually caught by the ref during the game or nothing if they're just given a yellow for some unknown reason.

It's not that nothing's made of it, it's just that rugby has moved with the times and are happy to use the video available to make a fair judgement after the game has happened.

So no. It's not dismissed as a just a man's game at all that's just nonsense.

It's been well that reported about Lennon this year, it seems it's now fine to jump on the bangwagon and hate him too,

Most people are just bitter for the sake of it, without even the slightest thought why they actually have reason to dislike him so much.

Everything he does is under the microscope.

The BBC who seem to have a couple of cameras at each game, must have one dedicated to Lennon to catch his reaction after every decision at a few games including the one after his touchline ban.

I feel it's time for the media to give him a break and stop putting at the head of attention to be shot down.

It's now only being reported that he is getting a difficult time, but I feel the media due to the silly amount of negative coverage they have given him have played a big role in why the hatred towards him is as bad as ever.

As for cupping his ears, that was never clever. However it amazes me that 40,000 people spend the entire game giving dogs abuse and calling him all the names under the sun, he cups his ears and that's fine. He cups his ears and it causes a mahem.

Not to mention a few that felt the need to report it to the police.

This season has been horrible.

The Old Firm game that ended up in front of Hollyrood, I mean, come on. It was really handbags and everyone reads the papers and believes it was a major right that disgraced the country.

Some shouting and bawling and it's a national disgrace?

To much this season has been blown out of proportion by the media and the anger has built on much of that.

The media should give Lennon a break?

There are 2 reasons why Lennon has been in the media recently. 1) because terrorist send him bombs and stuff, and 2) because he acts like a moron

Number 1 is in the public interest and simply must be reported on.....the 2nd is Lennon's problem to fix himself

Media intrusion has got fuck all to do with anything.

I don't ever recall handbags at a rugby match making headline news and/or discussions in parliament.

As for Lennon acting like a moron, yes he does at times.

However he is nowhere near as bad as those who scrutinise his ever move and word just to have another go at him.

He does himself no favours but the behaviour of others towards him, even outwith the letter bombs, bullets and the attack last night is over the top.

I don't ever recall handbags at a rugby match making headline news and/or discussions in parliament.

As for Lennon acting like a moron, yes he does at times.

However he is nowhere near as bad as those who scrutinise his ever move and word just to have another go at him.

He does himself no favours but the behaviour of others towards him, even outwith the letter bombs, bullets and the attack last night is over the top.

I don't recall much in rugby making headlines because, comparitively speaking, hardly anyone really cares about rugby.

Why would it? No teams have a go at each other everytime they play each other. Fans at rugby matches aren't starting fights with each other and the manager never square up to each other.

I'm not a rugby fan but was on Edinburgh a few years ago when, was it the challenge cup final when 2 English teams made the final? Maybe 10 years ago?

That was the most violet weekend I've seen in my life with all the trouble. We left the Grassmarket to go to Rose Street to try and avoid it and found more.

Sadly alcohol is an instant recipe for disaster.

Was there not something like 20 odd arrests made in the last couple old firm games for 50,000-60,000 each game?

How many people are arrested in any city centre for the same offences every single week?

Don't for one second believe I'm saying the behaviour is good as it's often not.

I just don't believe it's that much worse than many other sports and activities relevant to numbers especially when the drinking culture plays it's part.

I'm not a rugby fan but was on Edinburgh a few years ago when, was it the challenge cup final when 2 English teams made the final? Maybe 10 years ago?

That was the most violet weekend I've seen in my life with all the trouble. We left the Grassmarket to go to Rose Street to try and avoid it and found more.

Sadly alcohol is an instant recipe for disaster.

Was there not something like 20 odd arrests made in the last couple old firm games for 50,000-60,000 each game?

How many people are arrested in any city centre for the same offences every single week?

Don't for one second believe I'm saying the behaviour is good as it's often not.

I just don't believe it's that much worse than many other sports and activities relevant to numbers especially when the drinking culture plays it's part.

In a non-related point, why do you take a new paragraph for every sentence? Just out of interest.

From my year in Aberdeen, I've always wondered why

1) Why so few people have anytime for their local team?

2) Why nobody has anything to say about the old firm unless they can say something bitter and angry although they apparently have no interest?

3) Why is everyone a diehard Man Utd fan when they are too young to even remember Ferguson and never been to a game in their life?

Maybe I'm following in the wrong circles but that's the impression I've gained.

At the Jason Manford gig a few weeks back he highlighted he was a Man City fan. He asked for cheers from Aberdeen fans and only got a few. Rangers and Celtic had a few more. it seemed more than half the room were Man Utd fans from the roar.

From my year in Aberdeen, I've always wondered why

1) Why so few people have anytime for their local team?

You obviously haven't met the right people. Support for highland league teams, amateur teams and even youngster teams is great in the North-East.

2) Why nobody has anything to say about the old firm unless they can say something bitter and angry although they apparently have no interest?

If the OF were doing good things for Scottish Football they'd get the plaudits they deserve. So far (especially this season) they've done nothing but damage it's reputation and are quite rightly getting moaned about. That said, there are still large chunks of supporters (who have less of a voice than the more bitter fans) who still cheer on the OF in Europe regardless of their antics purely because they are scottish.

3) Why is everyone a diehard Man Utd fan when they are too young to even remember Ferguson and never been to a game in their life?

I know one, maybe two 'die hard' Man Utd fans in Aberdeen. Both who have a family connection to Manchester. Like in any sport, the more succesfull a team is the more casual followers they garner so yes there is a sizeable support much like there is in any town/city/village in the world. I would argue though that there are almost just as many die hard Gunners, chelsea, spurs, man city, liverpool fans.

Maybe I'm following in the wrong circles but that's the impression I've gained.

At the Jason Manford gig a few weeks back he highlighted he was a Man City fan. He asked for cheers from Aberdeen fans and only got a few. Rangers and Celtic had a few more. it seemed more than half the room were Man Utd fans from the roar.

Dons fans don't need a token i'm-a-comedian-in-a-city-I-must-try-be-relevant-to-its-inhabitants shout out to show their support.

Utter bollocks, I'm afraid. If you have time, make your way through this Panorama: YouTube - BBC Hooligans - Scotland's Secret Shame (Celtic - Rangers) part 1/5

Utter bollocks, I'm afraid. If you have time, make your way through this Panorama: YouTube - BBC Hooligans - Scotland's Secret Shame (Celtic - Rangers) part 1/5

I'm at work so can't watch.

I see it's from 2009 and titled Scotland's Secrect Shame. There is nothing really secret about it.

I do admit there is serious problems to address for both old firm teams and football in general. Just like there is for many other things in life too.