aberdeen-music

2010/2011 Season Thread

framheim

Really pleased to see AFC Wimbledon getting into the league this afternoon and against Luton Town and their ever increasing number of ex Cambridge United players (and their manager too!). Wimbledon were easily the best team I saw at the Abbey last season and their have made the remarkable rise to league football in just nine seasons.

There's alot of players who will be moving on this summer. Some serious talent getting relegated, but I imagine most will jump ship to a Premier League side. Scott Parker, Charlie Adam and Ben Foster almost certainly. West Ham will be depleted actually. Can't see Green, Upson, Ba, Spector, Cole, Hitzlesperger and Berrera staying put. Bargains!

I miss the Premier League already.

Dumb decision, but Chelsea is run like Real Madrid it seems. I don't think the managers have much of a say when it comes to transfers. They are just given players and told to work with them. They lost Carvalho and Ballack with no real replacement. Ballack wasn't at his best by then, but he was still a big physical presence. They've looked soft as hell in midfield, and it's no wonder why. Still think Carvalho is one of the best defenders in Europe too. Better than Alex, and arguably better than Terry. It's obvious he's a great manager though, as he's had them playing great football. I think it's decisions that were out of his hands which really dragged the team through the mud. Sacking Wilkins sent them into melt down, and trying to force a lacklustre Torres into the starting lineup didn't help either.

Guus Hiddink is the man for the job, but he's too much of a gent to leave a post he's in. Swell guy. Great manager. I reckon the'll pester that Porto boss this summer.

There's alot of players who will be moving on this summer. Some serious talent getting relegated, but I imagine most will jump ship to a Premier League side. Scott Parker, Charlie Adam and Ben Foster almost certainly. West Ham will be depleted actually. Can't see Green, Upson, Ba, Spector, Cole, Hitzlesperger and Berrera staying put. Bargains!

I miss the Premier League already.

Somebody like an Everton or a Blackburn who have struggled for goals should really get Ba he looks like a proper good player.

Ba looks smashing. What happened to Berrera? He started alot of games at the start of the season, then just stopped. Looked tidy at the World Cup. Mad skills.

Glad Wolves stayed up actually. MICK! Excellent post match interview, getting sprayed with champers by Elokobi and saying "If it was anyone but Elokobi. I'd do him!"

Best man.

Elokobi makes Yakubu look like Sone Aluko. Beast of a man. David Hoilett is pretty fucking brilliant. He gets mad good in Fifa/FM, so things can only get better for him. Canadian too. The only other Canadian players I can think of are Paul Stalteri and the de Guzman brothers (or are they cousins?).

Anyway, Blackburn get a lot of stick, but I don't know why. Maybe its because Morten Gamst Pedersen is willy, but I think they have a genuinely decent squad. With a couple of summer acquisitions (a striker, and a centre back to play alongside Samba (unless he leaves)) they'll be challenging for the top 10 nae bother. Steve Kean isn't a real manager mind you, so they may have to address that. I think people hate them, this season in particular, because Allardyce was in charge at the beginning of the season and his teams are horrible. So I came on here to say that there was no way Blackburn would have deserved to go down as they're actually a nae bad side. That is all.

I can't believe Wigan are still up.

Pedersen is a bit of a tit, but it was mostly Diouf (El Hadj, not Big Momma) who I hated about Blackburn, though always quite liked them despite him being a wank. He's gone now, and hopefully never coming back. Him and Rangers are a match made in heaven.

Chris Samba is t'riffic. One of the best CeeBee's in the league. No joke. Like the cut of Phil Jones' jib too. Solid pairing there, and with Robinson between the sticks, they are quite rigid at the back. At home anyway. They just don't seem to have the metal all-round to do much away from home. They could do with a right cunt of a midfielder to charge about. One of those cunt midfielders that everyone hates playing against and is a right bastard. A Robbie Savage character. A shoulder barging, shin kicking lunatic to get in all y'all's faces. There's not much muscle in the middle.

Ancelotti for Blackburn! He could put them 'in a good moment'. Did you see what I did? I made fun of a foreign man's grasp of English. Racist.

Interview with Andres Iniesta:

Andres Iniesta: 'I would look at the Nou Camp and think will I ever make it?' - European, Football - The Independent

First paragraph seems to suggest that Iniesta's equaliser at Stamford Bridge in 2009 meant that everyone in Barcelona got laid that night. Paradroid. Is that true? Did you smash it that night?

I didn't I was back home in my flat 2 mins after the game finished. :(

Guus Hiddink is the man for the job, but he's too much of a gent to leave a post he's in. Swell guy. Great manager. I reckon the'll pester that Porto boss this summer.

Getting Guus would make accept the decision to fore Carlo. I expect it will be Villas-Boas though.

He went a bit loopy when doing a bit of co-com on Sky Sports. Kept repeating certain phrases over and over throughout the game, most prolifically "Stay on your feet". Both he and Chelsea have fallen apart since they parted ways. That relationship seemed to be holding the world together. Wilkins loses his marbles. Chelsea lose loads of games. They sign Sideshow Bob from Benfica and the most expensive misfiring sulker since Berbatov for a collective 75million+. Then Carlo gets sacked for not winning the league with a squad that lacks depth and muscle. Absolutely bonkers turn of events.

• Upvote 1