aberdeen-music

2010/2011 Season Thread

framheim

Apparently Hartley is out for the rest of the season.

Hope that's not true cause we'll miss him. That said though, I thought we looked better tonight when he came off and Young went on. Young one on one with the keeper was pure comedy though. "got the ball! I'm clean through! run, run , run! Fuck I can't run any further, what do I do now?" *falls over*

Vernons effort at the end wasn't much better. Took too many touches and tried to be smart and take it round the keeper. The keeper went down early and the goal was his mercy, he just needed to slide it home past the keepers feet and it's game over. Still, another Hampden day out beckons :)

Fifth time we'll have played Celtic this season. Another great case for a smaller league.

We'll win, although last time out was depressing (were it not for Lucky Rathens excellent banter)

Guest idol_wild
I think you'll probably play better without Hartley and it could be a blessing in disguise. All the highlights I've seen of Aberdeen this year he's been very average.

This man speaks the truth, in my opinion. If Hartley had been churning out the performances that he has been in an Aberdeen shirt but as an 18 year old rookie, then he'd be absolutely vilified. I'm still to see any indication of what his actual strengths are as a footballer. What is he good at? From what I gather and have observed, he can sometimes pass a ball to a teammate; he can sometimes float a decent free-kick to the top corner (usually failing to score, though); and he can sometimes dispatch a penalty. Aside from that, he's not good in the air, he's not a strong ball winner, he's got no pace, his positional sense is average at best (how many times have Aberdeen been sliced open straight through the middle this season?!), he rarely beats a man, he's not a box-to-box midfielder, and he's not a workaholic. I just don't get why this guy is rated and considered to be of genuine value to Aberdeen Football Club. In actual fact, I think Paul Hartley is quite a horrible human being - he's underlined this on the pitch for the past 12 years of his and our lives.

Get back soon, Fraser Fyvie. You are more of a man and a footballer than Paul Hartley ever was.

Guest idol_wild
Paul Hartley is almost comically slow. He's like a rubbish version of Jim Bett.

At least Jim Bett had a proper footballing brain in addition to being a gentleman.

Paul Hartley: hate that guy!

If I mind right, they once turned down a slot on The Tube because it clashed with a Tranmere Rovers game. Now that's dedication for you.

Toying with scoring Annan off 'the 42' on Saturday, downside is that it involves watching Montrose...

you know it makes sense. I can reserve a spot on the bus for you.

should be a good laugh as there is a decent bunch going down and Annan is a great day out; complete with Darts and cheap pints....

Total garbage. Paul Hartley has been excellent this season. His performances have gone a little flat in the last 6 weeks or so as we have been playing so many games. Still, against Hearts earlier in the month he was MOTM by a mile.

He is a good player, and we need our good players fit. We will miss him if he's out for the rest of the season.

Total garbage. Paul Hartley has been excellent this season. His performances have gone a little flat in the last 6 weeks or so as we have been playing so many games. Still, against Hearts earlier in the month he was MOTM by a mile.

He is a good player, and we need our good players fit. We will miss him if he's out for the rest of the season.

Agreed. This anti-Hartley rhetoric that's propagated on aberdeen-mad & here is just crap.

People need to think about this - who would you rather have for the rest of the season in central midfield? Paul Hartley or Derek Young?

Guest idol_wild
He grows a mean beard.

Apparently he's really "influential", too, and drives the team forward. Despite the fact the team, until Craig Brown's appointment, was going backwards at an alarming rate.