aberdeen-music

2010/2011 Season Thread

framheim

Never saw the incident as was listening on the radio but always funny to hear Wenger being all bitter and twisted and moaning about referees post match! But all the pundits and commentators are agreed the decision was harsh on Arsenal.

Even so, he kicked it 1 second after the whistle. It wasn't like there was a few seconds that passed then he punted it away. Really harsh I thought.

Definitely. The time between the whistle blowing and Van Persie taking a shot at goal just wasn't enough to warrant punishing. Play continues after the whistle has blown for offside all the time, and it is pretty clear that RVP took a genuine shot at goal, despite it being ballooned wide since it was son his weak foot. It would have been different if it was an intentional blast into the crowd. The referee really should have applied a bit of logic here.

No time was wasted anyway. Ball boy had a ball in the hands Valdes pretty quickly. Terrible decision.

I hate this 'use common sense' argument that gets trotted out half the time. The other half the time people say 'all we want is consistency'.

The laws are the laws. They do not take into account if you are at the Camp Nou or at Kynoch Park. Commit a cautionable offence and you deserve a caution.

Plus, FWIW I don't think RVP would have shot as hastily had he not heard the whistle. Were he onside then he would have had time to steady himself.

However, that is hypothetical and is not the crux of my argument.

Definitely. The time between the whistle blowing and Van Persie taking a shot at goal just wasn't enough to warrant punishing. Play continues after the whistle has blown for offside all the time, and it is pretty clear that RVP took a genuine shot at goal, despite it being ballooned wide since it was son his weak foot. It would have been different if it was an intentional blast into the crowd. The referee really should have applied a bit of logic here.

No time was wasted anyway. Ball boy had a ball in the hands Valdes pretty quickly. Terrible decision.

Ruined the game as well the post game stats are brutally against Arsenal so everyone can point to that as well now. I'd be interested to see the Barca shot on target total before the sending off to get a better idea of how they were doing.

Also if RVP gets the chance Bendtner had right at the death, Arsenal are through. Shame it had such an effect on what was a pretty intense game.

The other half the time people say 'all we want is consistency'.

I hate the consistency arguement. Each individual incident are separate from each other and should be treated and (if needs be) punished that way. Consistency is usually mentioned out of sour grapes when a decision doesn't go the way of someone's team.

Refs need to get each individual decision correct not dish out a card to even things out.

Bendtner gives it all the mouth then fluffs a great chance. Haven't seen it so can't comment exactly how good a chance it actually was.

No wonder he's more likely to start in the Carling Cup than big games like this. It's all very well scoring a hat-trick against Leyton Orient but you need to do it against the big teams when you get an opportunity.

Looking forward to Tottenham v Milan tomorrow night br interesting to see how 'arry plays it. Try and defend the lead or go out and try and get a second? I believe Mr Gattuso is staying in Italy!

Bendtner gives it all the mouth then fluffs a great chance. Haven't seen it so can't comment exactly how good a chance it actually was.

No wonder he's more likely to start in the Carling Cup than big games like this. It's all very well scoring a hat-trick against Leyton Orient but you need to do it against the big teams when you get an opportunity.

I don't think it was that golden an opportunity, and I don't think RVP would have scored it either, as he isn't really known for his pace. Bendtner was too slow to the ball and was pressed pretty quickly. Perhaps an equally sized but quicker striker like Rooney or Torres would have scored it.

I like Bendtner, but I don't think he's good enough to play for Arsenal, but he probably will play since RVP is so injury prone, and Chamakh gets 'tired'. Saying that, Chamakh was on the bench. Not bringing him on was a strange decision.

Anyone aware of what Rivaldo has been up to of late?

Having retired as a player he returned to Brazil last year and became president of his old Club. A few weeks ago he decided to come out of retirement and sign himself as a player, including getting photos photoshopped of him giving himself a contract, gurning, etc.

http://footballsup.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/Rivaldo-no-Mogi-em-2011.jpg

http://footballsup.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/f_32705.jpg

http://footballsup.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/rivaldo3.jpg

Then, to make things even weirder, he's loaned himself to Sao Paulo, for whom he then scored with a lovely finish on his debut.

YouTube - Rivaldo scores Golazo on Sao Paolo debut v Linenese 4/02/2011

Any Rivaldo post wouldn't be complete without this

Having retired as a player he returned to Brazil last year and became president of his old Club. A few weeks ago he decided to come out of retirement and sign himself as a player, including getting photos photoshopped of him giving himself a contract, gurning, etc.

must spread, etc, but that's brilliant. the fatherly way that he's looking at himself proudly as he signs the contact: lolz

http://footballsup.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/Rivaldo-no-Mogi-em-2011.jpg

http://footballsup.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/f_32705.jpg

http://footballsup.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/rivaldo3.jpg

Then, to make things even weirder, he's loaned himself to Sao Paulo, for whom he then scored with a lovely finish on his debut.

YouTube - Rivaldo scores Golazo on Sao Paolo debut v Linenese 4/02/2011

Any Rivaldo post wouldn't be complete without this

That's a brilliant news story, like something I'd make up in my head whilst playing Championship Manager.

Any recommendations on where to watch the Rangers game tonight? I was supposed to watch it with my Rangers supporting friend, but he's bailed on me. A place where I won't be surrounded by idiots would be nice.

I just quite fancy watching a game of football in the pub, before anyone gets all self-righteous.

Any recommendations on where to watch the Rangers game tonight? I was supposed to watch it with my Rangers supporting friend, but he's bailed on me. A place where I won't be surrounded by idiots would be nice.

I just quite fancy watching a game of football in the pub, before anyone gets all self-righteous.

Good luck, ho ho.....