aberdeen-music

2010/2011 Season Thread

framheim

Guest idol_wild
I thought it was the United fans singing "Champions League, you're having a laugh" ?

I wondered if it was that. Good to know. Though I'm pretty certain it was Rangers fans singing it...

Fucking idiots.

Fuck Gareth Bale. He's crap. Aaron Lennon is the king of the wing. That outside of the foot nutmeg against Bremen last night was TOTAL FOOTBALL. The way Modric controlled the ball before poking it in was neat too.

They are probably going to win the Champions League. Xavi and Iniesta vs Jenas and Hundredstone? Piece of piss.

I watched the Spuds game because I'm not an idiot. Bale and Lennon were both crazy awesome. Bale's consistency when it came to crossing the ball on the run is immense, he hardly put in a bad one all night. Modric seemed to get fouled every time he got the ball because his feet were too fast for the Bremen players to cope with and Gallas/Kaboul made light work of their strikers.

I am an idiot. I don't know why I didn't learn anything from the hideous bore draw with Rangers at OT. I thought it'd be more open this time, with Rangers needing to win, but they just don't attack in Europe, ever. Ever. EVER.

Gallas was just a superb acquisition. I said it at the time when he was released, that he'd be a great signing for anyone, considering he's free and he's also good. Somehow it had been forgotton that he's actually good. Free and good often aren't associated with each other. If a player is free, he must be shite. Arsenal should have kept him anyway. Vermalaen is injured, and they've got 2 or 3 centre backs with funny, hard to pronounce names. Djorou(sp?) is shite, and whilst Scuiallci(sp?) and Kolscinesineyyeba90210(sp????) are alright, Gallas is still better.

It would be quite funny if this wknd was a total white out meaning the games would have been postponed anyway. People say they know christmas is coming when they see the coca cola advert, to me it's seeing a page full of 'P's' on sky sports.

For me it's when I have my first Starbucks gingerbread latt.

That was last Tuesday, for the record.

I hope Real Madrid get booted out of the CL. Not because of any hatred towards them. I don't mind them. I just love it when governing bodies put their foot down. It rarely ever happens and is stuck to, so it's something to get excited about. Like when Chelsea were hit with that transfer embargo, meaning they could sign anyone until next summer. Boom! What a punishment. But then they always go back on it. Boo.

Italian football used to be so great. I still have a soft spot for it, I like seeing Italian teams do well in Europe. Not having Sky when I was growing up I was able to see more football from serie A than any other league. Football Italia on serie A was awesome. The magazine was the best around too.