aberdeen-music

2010/2011 Season Thread

framheim

The two goals take a bit of gloss of the scoreline but it was still a great win from the Dons. It's very pleasing in Vernon to have someone who not only can finish well but gets the pieces of luck and puts himself in the right places at the right time, like all good strikers.

Perhaps the two goals will help prevent against over the top optimism from the result and highlight that one area as christy says we really need to cut out.

Plenty time to get back up the road in time for Oxjam tonight too. :)

I had considered heading along to see you chaps when I get in, but I doubt my missus would be too chuffed with picking me up at 12ish instead of 10ish! Early night instead to keep fresh for a Drummonds Thistle win tomorrow.

I had considered heading along to see you chaps when I get in, but I doubt my missus would be too chuffed with picking me up at 12ish instead of 10ish! Early night instead to keep fresh for a Drummonds Thistle win tomorrow.

We better fucken win tomorrow! We missed you big style last week

Typical fiery derby at LP this afternoon, ruined in part by a shocking referee who let the Smokies away with murder. Jonathan Crawford took a very nasty looking challenge, one of the worst I've seen in a while.

Oh, and then I found out the Jags took a humping, and then found out that Sunnybank ruined my accumulator. Not a great day :down:

Great game. Bebo's goal was a cracker- great finish and an absolutely superb pass from Bravia.

In related news, you know how I won a lot of money at the beginning of the year correctly predicting Aberdeens destruction of Hamilton? First goalscorer, etc? Well, I've done it again!

Got a letter through yesterday morning showing I had a tax rebate of 1200! So, I figured I'd put all my weeks wages (about 150) on Aberdeen winning both halves and the correct time of the first goal, as well as a couple of other smaller bets. Won near enough 600. Only two times I've betted this season with about a net profit of 590! Yaaasssssssss

Oh, and expect to see this on the ace-ic thread, too.

FA Cup 1st Round draw in half an hour. Having safely negotiated one the worst teams I have even seen at the Abbey yesterday afternoon (Lewes - my mum could have beaten them on her own) I await with baited breath at who Cambridge might get.

A home tie against the scum from London Road - Peterborough - would be a dream tie but knowing our luck we'll get some pish league one or two side away from home.

Ahem...

Portsmouth are FUCKED.

Alot of reasonable players will become free agents. The Nuge. Kanu. SONKO. Kitson. John Ut... no. Not him.

Kanu can still hack it though. He's better than Adebayor.

It must be a cancellation of all teams' results v. Portsmouth I'm guessing...

Christ knows what happens with relegation and promotion at the end of the season though ?(

So what happens now? One less game for everyone or does a League 1 team apply for a position?
Think the Pompey administrator is trying to force Gaydamak's hand with this announcement. Gaydamak wants some sort of return, so liquidation isn't to his benefit.

BBC Sport - Football - Portsmouth exit administration as Chainrai takes charge

Nev - the voice of reason :up:

Samaras is ungood at just about everything involving football. He's good at growing his hair, and sporting cheeks full of stubble. He's look at puffing his cheeks out and looking tired but also completely oblivious to the clanger he just made. He's also pretty good at running slower than most people with a reasonable level of fitness. Football? Not a chance. Give it up. Grow a beard for a living.