aberdeen-music

2010/2011 Season Thread

framheim

The same man that's acting like a bit of a cunt and embarrassing himself at every given opportunity?

I think he's genuinely flabbergasted that the crop of players he's got can't perform. It was all blamed on the owners and the debt. That's now gone, and they are still shite. Roy should have stayed at Fulham.

I think if Guardiola was being honest he would admit getting rid of Eto'o was a big mistake. If they had Eto'o playing now with Messi and Villa on either side they'd have pretty much the perfect forward line. They really don't have anyone to play the central role in attack. If they play Messi in the middle with Pedro on the right they drop deeper and get stuck making the little passes outside the box and become a little toothless.

Two seasons when Eto'o was still there and Henry was playing well Barca had a real cutting edge to add to the intricate passing. I saw them beat Bayern 4-0 in the champions league and as well playing great possession and passing football they were also completely clinical in attack. The Arsenal like tendency to pass it forever without really having clear shots on goal is something which only really started in the last year.

The deal with Ibrahimovic became even worse when Guardiola got fed up with him and decided to force him out in the summer. I thought Ibra could have still been a success at Barcelona if he had got another season. He at least would have given the team a better shape and focus point that Messi and Villa could play off.

Villa is a very competent centre forward as well though. Has it never been an option to put Pedro our on the left and Villa in the middle?

Eto'o was great business for Mourinho at the time, after he lauded to the press every day how he wouldn't swap Ibra for any player on the planet or for any amount of money. He got both. Banging!

Woy does look well out his depth now and he has become a little embarrassing. A daily mirror writer said he's trying to run a big club like a small club. But he's managed Inter Milan before hardly a small club. But wasn't there that long in two spells. His post match comments after the Merseyside derby were baffling. Thing is the scousers aren't the most patient of fans at the best of times!

Daily Mirror was splashed with more news about a possible Rooney transfer to City. Still can't see it meself but would be fantastic if he did!

The report on the Sky Sports website about the press conference has the following paragraph:

"But Rooney's grievances appear deep-rooted with the United manager thought to be unimpressed at the striker's behaviour, just as the player is thought to be not too pleased at his club's recent recruitment policy."

Fergie - "Fucks sake Wazza, what are you playing at having threesomes with hookers while your wife is pregnant is your baby boy?"

Rooney - "Fuck off, you signed Bebe."

Villa is a very competent centre forward as well though. Has it never been an option to put Pedro our on the left and Villa in the middle?

He has some options but it seems like he is set on Villa playing that left position and cutting in. I think I've only ever seen Pedro on the right but I don't see any reason why he couldn't play on the left. Iniesta has sometimes played further forward as part of the front 3 and been very effective too. I think if Fabregas had signed he may have used that option more.

So much for "If you cross Ferguson, then you're out". Usually in this situation, Ferguson would stop any speculation at the source and not answer any questions, but it was quite an earnest and sincere statement. It seems to be that Gill has offered him an absolutely massive () contract, which he is still declining.

Wayne Rooney is coming out of this situation quite badly. I'm sure he doesn't mind though. He did it to Everton a few years ago

Guest idol_wild

No player is ever bigger and better than the club they're at, in my opinion. Rooney is indeed coming off pretty badly out of this. It'll be interesting to see if any statement is released from Rooney and what it actually states.

I'm unusually interested in this story, despite transfer nonsense not usually grabbing my interest until a transfer has been made. Perhaps because, to some extent, I admire all parties involved. I can't see Rooney at another English club, least of all Manchester City, so it'll be curious to see where he actually goes...if anywhere.

The plot thickens. Have to say become quite interested in this as well. It's a good story. Thought Rooney would be at Man U for his whole career.

He doesn't want to move from the area by all accounts and City would pay the transfer fee and pay his alleged demands of 200k a week. I'm really thinking it might happen now!

No player is ever bigger and better than the club they're at, in my opinion. Rooney is indeed coming off pretty badly out of this. It'll be interesting to see if any statement is released from Rooney and what it actually states.

I'm unusually interested in this story, despite transfer nonsense not usually grabbing my interest until a transfer has been made. Perhaps because, to some extent, I admire all parties involved. I can't see Rooney at another English club, least of all Manchester City, so it'll be curious to see where he actually goes...if anywhere.

This story actually makes zero sense until Rooney actually says why he wants to leave. Right now, I just can't see a reason for it.

I will probably lose all faith in football if he ends up at fucking Wastelands. Somehow, despite him being a disloyal little shit practically his whole life, I still have a bit more faith in him than that.

This story actually makes zero sense until Rooney actually says why he wants to leave. Right now, I just can't see a reason for it.

I will probably lose all faith in football if he ends up at fucking Wastelands. Somehow, despite him being a disloyal little shit practically his whole life, I still have a bit more faith in him than that.

Could be that he believes (or has been told to believe) man utd are something of a sinking ship with a manager who probably won't be there for long and a core of aging players in van de sar, giggs and scholes who can't be replaced.

Could be that he's a dickhead who doesn't care about trivial things like dignity or loyalty.

Guest idol_wild

Apparently it's purely money. There is some speculation on talkSPORT that it's very possible that Rooney has already agreed a stupidly large contract elsewhere. And some people seem to be speaking with some authority about that.