aberdeen-music

2010/2011 Season Thread

framheim

He's surely too much of a fanny to be any good at centre back. Small / slight centre backs are only any good if they read the game very well, and manage to avoid getting into aerial tussles or battles with centre forwards.

Seeing how often he drifts out of position at LB, I would have no confidence in him being any use at centre back. He's also got absolutely fuck all pace, which I forgot to mention in my earlier mini-rant about him.

I think I would actually sign Tosh McKinlay today, and play him in front of Mulgrew. I'd even put that mentalist Stephane Mahe back in at LB if I could.

Jesus, to any non-OF fan this reads like absolute pish. Talk about writing someone off before giving them a chance! Mulgrew might have struggled in his first European game for RaSellick, but he's a more than adequate SPL full-back or centre-back.

Fans of most teams at least give players a few games before making up their minds. Not The Greatest Fans In The World TM, though. If you don't impress instantly, you're Not Good Enough For The Greatest Team In The World TM.

A more judgmental, reactionary and fickle group of creatures you could never hope to meet

I'm glad Fifa reversed the nicknames on shirts ruling. FC Porto's HULK is great example of why the allowance of nicknames is great.

That new Mexican kid at United, Hernandez, is going to be wearing his nickname Chicharito on the back of his shirt, which apparently means "Little Pea". That's shit compared to HULK.

Guest Gladstone
Jesus, to any non-OF fan this reads like absolute pish. Talk about writing someone off before giving them a chance! Mulgrew might have struggled in his first European game for RaSellick, but he's a more than adequate SPL full-back or centre-back.

Fans of most teams at least give players a few games before making up their minds. Not The Greatest Fans In The World TM, though. If you don't impress instantly, you're Not Good Enough For The Greatest Team In The World TM.

A more judgmental, reactionary and fickle group of creatures you could never hope to meet

I've actually watched him in more than just the two games I've seen him play for Celtic though. Not an enormous amount of games admittedly, but basic things like positioning aren't going to come good after a few games are they? The boy's what 23ish? He should know where to roughly stand on a football pitch when playing left back after quite a few years in the professional game.

I'm not writing him off completely anyway. If he's our left back this season, of course I'll support him. I'm just saying he looks pretty below par to be playing left back for a team attempting to win the SPL and attempting to do "something" in Europe (at the moment we're trying to qualify for the CL, but it looks pretty unlikely, so we'll be trying to qualify for the Europa league - depending on the draw we get in the play-off, could also be unlikely).

All I did was lay out his clear shortcomings on the Aberdeen Music Forum, can't really see him reading it...

If he proves me wrong and turns into a good left back, I'll be more than happy. But, so far, he's looked a bit out of his depth (and he's not the only one in our team, it just so happens that we signed him from your lot, hence the "do you want him back" comment).

One month to go til Scotland's first match, anyone heard what channel is gonna show it?

Sky has the home matches but away ones are sold on an individual basis...

BBC News - Scotland games to stay on pay TV

sent an email to Head of Communications at SFA and got swift response...

Scotland's match v. Sweden a week tomorrow hasn't even got a broadcaster yet! No doubt the BBC will pick it up though...

It'll be BBC or ESPN that'll take on the game v. Lithuania. Both will be holding off though, to try and get it at a cheap price.

Scotland's match v. Sweden a week tomorrow hasn't even got a broadcaster yet! No doubt the BBC will pick it up though...

It'll be BBC or ESPN that'll take on the game v. Lithuania. Both will be holding off though, to try and get it at a cheap price.

pretty crap situation to be in, if they're lucky perhaps they'll try and get an away deal if these next two matches have decent viewing figures.

was just wondering whether i need to check if anywhere in Aviemore has required channel for the Lithuania match as i'll be there 3rd Sept, not too confident if it's ESPN.

And Kilmarnock have been in the top division as long as I've been following football, they seem they like they belong there no matter how shit they are.

I don't think Killie are any more "shit" than the other bottom 6 or so teams, We had a rank season, owing to the machinations of a disinterested manager, then those of a clueless one. We'll struggle for sure this season, but I think St Murn, Accies, ICT, Aber-trading-former-glories-deen and the Tractor Boys will all be duking it out with us at the foot of the table come next March/April/May.

I don't think Killie are any more "shit" than the other bottom 6 or so teams, We had a rank season, owing to the machinations of a disinterested manager, then those of a clueless one. We'll struggle for sure this season, but I think St Murn, Accies, ICT, Aber-trading-former-glories-deen and the Tractor Boys will all be duking it out with us at the foot of the table come next March/April/May.

The real problem is finance though, how long can Killie keep on pulling rabbits out of hats?

The real problem is finance though, how long can Killie keep on pulling rabbits out of hats?

It is indeed.

The problem is that Kilmarnock is populated by Rangers "supporters" - seriously - and it's been like that since the early 70's.

If even half those supported their local team, things might be better.

I know that it's a chicken and egg situation - people don't want to go and watch strugglers every week and conversely, teams like Killie need an increased support in order to offer something better.

So what can be done? - Nothing, I'm guessing :(

Aberdeen have been absolutely McGeachie Boggin for years, but did you guys feel the need to go support the Huns instead - or maybe Dundee Utd, seeing as they're doing well?

I do not think so.

It is indeed.

The problem is that Kilmarnock is populated by Rangers "supporters" - seriously - and it's been like that since the early 70's.

If even half those supported their local team, things might be better.

I know that it's a chicken and egg situation - people don't want to go and watch strugglers every week and conversely, teams like Killie need an increased support in order to offer something better.

So what can be done? - Nothing, I'm guessing :(

Aberdeen have been absolutely McGeachie Boggin for years, but did you guys feel the need to go support the Huns instead - or maybe Dundee Utd, seeing as they're doing well?

I do not think so.

Does happen to a lesser extent (OK, not Dundee United, that would be ridiculous), plenty of people born and bred in the North-east profess themselves to be Rangers supprters despite never being near Ibrox.

These glory hunters are obviously of low moral fibre and should not be trusted.

A good performance against Real Valya-doh-leed, where we had the better of the play in a 0-0 draw. We also managed to crock 4 of their players, oops! Amazingly Tokely wasn't one of the culprits...

Heading along to Huntly tonight to see our youth team play. Is Christie park the one with the pub inside the ground? A lot of my visits to Highland League grounds blend into one!

Royal Antwerp on saturday and then we're all set for Celtic on opening day!

The paper gossip on SSN this morning mentioned a couple of papers speculating Michael Owen going to Rangers. Christ.

I'm not sure how some people are going to cope when Sky Sports News leaves freeview in the next few weeks. It's always my first go to channel when I flick on the telly.

I'm not sure how some people are going to cope when Sky Sports News leaves freeview in the next few weeks. It's always my first go to channel when I flick on the telly.

Same here. Luckily I have Sky, so its going nowhere. Kammy and Stelling will be shouting through my telly at me every Saturday as usual.

Same here. Luckily I have Sky, so its going nowhere. Kammy and Stelling will be shouting through my telly at me every Saturday as usual.

I've just given my month's notice to cancel sky. I honestly think SSN is the only channel I'm going to miss. But it's not worth the monthly fee.