aberdeen-music

Something I learned today

waltz

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Gladstone

I had never quite worked this out before...

I always thought that Charlie Sheen and Emilio Estevez were half brothers - hence the different surnames. I learned today that Charlie Sheen's real name is Carlos Estevez, so I thought that they are maybe full brothers, which they are. I was looking at Charlie Sheen's wiki page and there are 4 kids including Charlie Sheen and Emilio Estevez to Martin Sheen and Janet Templeton. I'm thinking "why the fuck are all the kids called something Estevez!?". Turns out Martin Sheen's real name is Ramon Estevez.

Another mystery solved...

• Upvote 2

I had never quite worked this out before...

I always thought that Charlie Sheen and Emilio Estevez were half brothers - hence the different surnames. I learned today that Charlie Sheen's real name is Carlos Estevez, so I thought that they are maybe full brothers, which they are. I was looking at Charlie Sheen's wiki page and there are 4 kids including Charlie Sheen and Emilio Estevez to Martin Sheen and Janet Templeton. I'm thinking "why the fuck are all the kids called something Estevez!?". Turns out Martin Sheen's real name is Ramon Estevez.

Another mystery solved...

So, is there a reason why Charlie and Martin are called Sheen?

Guest Gladstone
So, is there a reason why Charlie and Martin are called Sheen?

According to wiki:

"He adopted his stage name, Martin Sheen, from a combination of the CBS casting director, Robert Dale Martin, who gave him his first big break, and the televangelist archbishop, Fulton J. Sheen"

Presumably, Charlie just copied his Dad's stage surname and changed Carlos to Charlie (to be named after his favourite football player, Charlie Nicholas).

• 2 weeks later...

Just watched a documentary online about Coca Cola. It was pretty crap actually, but I never knew the name was derived from the fact Coca Cola use to have Cocaine in it, sourced from Coca leaves, and the caffeine comes from the Kola nut flavouring. Now I know. I'm going to do nothing with that information.

Guest Gladstone
Just watched a documentary online about Coca Cola. It was pretty crap actually, but I never knew the name was derived from the fact Coca Cola use to have Cocaine in it, sourced from Coca leaves, and the caffeine comes from the Kola nut flavouring. Now I know. I'm going to do nothing with that information.

Not sure where I heard the cocaine thing from, but I've heard it before. Mental. They should put cocaine back in for a laugh.

Colonel Sanders was a real bloke who really did start the KFC chain. I thought he was just a made-up mascot, like Mr Wimpy or Ronald McDonald.

Colonel Sanders - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And also his secret recipe really is a secret recipe.

The Colonel's secret flavor recipe of 11 herbs and spices that creates the famous "finger lickin' good" chicken remains a trade secret.[14][15] Portions of the secret spice mix are made at different locations in the United States, and the only complete, handwritten copy of the recipe is kept in a vault in corporate headquarters.[16]

On September 9, 2008, the one complete copy was temporarily moved to an undisclosed location under extremely tight security while KFC revamped the security at its headquarters. Before the move, KFC disclosed[17] that the recipe, which includes exact amounts of each component, is written in pencil on a single sheet of notebook paper and signed by Sanders.[18] It was locked in a filing cabinet with two separate combination locks. The cabinet also included vials of each of the 11 herbs and spices used. Only two unnamed executives had access to the recipe at any one time.[19] One of the two executives said that no one had come close to guessing the contents of the secret recipe, and added that the actual recipe would include some surprises. On February 9, 2009, the secret recipe returned to KFC's Louisville headquarters in a more secure, computerized vault[20] guarded by motion detectors and security cameras. Reportedly, the paper has yellowed and the handwriting is now faint.[18]