aberdeen-music

Something I learned today

waltz

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The majority of Father Ted wasn't even filmed in Ireland.

I don't know why I found this surprising, as I know it's normal for a lot of TV shows, like Friends isn't filmed in NY. I just always assumed Father Ted was, you know, because everybody in it is Irish. Instead, for all the supporting cast and guest appearances, they just kept bringing Irish actors to London.

Edited by Soda van Jerk

11 minutes ago, Soda van Jerk said:

The majority of Father Ted wasn't even filmed in Ireland.

I don't know why I found this surprising, as I know it's normal for a lot of TV shows, like Friends isn't filmed in NY. I just always assumed Father Ted was, you know, because everybody in it is Irish. Instead, for all the supporting cast and guest appearances, they just kept bringing Irish actors to London.

I didn't know that either, and I've been to his house (which is definitely in Ireland or else I was really lost). 

FB_IMG_1481804073456.jpg

• Upvote 1

Scenes outside the house, and some other outdoor scenes are shot in Ireland. The rest in London.

I also didn't know just how soon after they finished the series that Dermot (Ted) died. I knew it wasn't that long, but it was around 24 hours after they finished filming the last episode.

(I watched a TV show about Father Ted yesterday)

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Jaaakkkeee said:

Similarly the scenes in Sunny inside the bar is shot on a sound-stage, the exterior of the bar is shot at a warehouse that's been seen in almost every sitcom. For scenes where you can see through the front door on either side, they use green screen. It's superbly done in the episode Charlie Work.

Charlie Work is incredibly well put together, especially so for a sitcom.

You're right, that building has been in everything. I've seen it in so many films. Saw it in a music video recently too:

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...