Something I learned today

waltz

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Is that like when you go into a shop for batteries for something and you can't remember what type it takes?

"I'm sure it takes a AA but what if I'm mistaken and it's actually AAA? I'd better buy some AAs as my primary option but I will also buy some AAAs as a secondary option just in case I am mistaken. They're always good for remote controls anyway."

If you want to talk Switzerland facts that I heard as hearsay when I worked there ten years ago and may not have remembered correctly, they also have the second highest number of guns per head/household than any country in the world (after the United States) but one of the lowest gun crime rates in the world. As well as guns, rifles etc being legal and easy to buy, they also have part time national service for all Swiss males, during which they keep their issued weapons in their home, and when they leave service they're allowed to keep their guns. Basically there's fucking assault rifles in every house.

Good old wicklerpedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_politics_in_Switzerland

Number of guns in circulation[edit]

In some 2001 statistics, it is noted that there are about 420,000 assault rifles (fully automatic, or "selective fire") stored at private homes, mostly SIG SG 550 models. Additionally, there are some 320,000 semi-auto rifles and military pistols exempted from military service in private possession, all selective-fire weapons having been converted to semi-automatic operation only. In addition, there are several hundred thousand other semi-automatic small arms classified as carbines. The total number of firearms in private homes is estimated minimally at 1.2 million to 3 million.[6]

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
9 minutes ago, Mr Owl PhD said:

Liverpool and Wales footballer Joe Allen rescues chickens after they've come to the end of their commercial life and looks after them:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/row-zed/liverpool-midfielder-joe-allen-reveals-7604190

The cockerels are called Bruce and Rodney, while the hens are named Meg, Leg, Silkie Steve, Kate, Silkie Steve junior, Giblets, Snowy, Nugget, Kiev, Dora, Holly, Shimmer, Shine and Chickaletta

Excellent names from Joe Allen there. Good to see a professional footballer not being a vile human being for a change.