aberdeen-music

Something I learned today

waltz

Great song. I quite fancied the girl in the group. At that time I probably fancied just about every girl in the world though.

For some reason I always link that and Bran van 3000 - drinking in LA together. Whenever I think of one song I inevitably think of the other. 

I do exactly the same. :up:

See also "Get What You Give" by The New Radicals.

• Upvote 1

I thought it was well known that the lead singer songwriter quit because he didn't want to be famous. That song gave him one taste of the limelight and he didn't like it. He then stuck to writing songs for other people such as Ronan Keeting. Life is a Rollercoaster is one of his I believe.

Yeah - exactly what I was about to say.  He'd been writing songs for other pop artists, then fancied having a go at one album.  Preferred to be in the background.

What an absolute belter of a tune "Get What You Give" is - I heard that just the other day actually.  It amazes me how my brain pulls out the lyrics for these songs - I was singing along and knew just about every single word.  Having not heard it for years!

I always think its amazing when you listen to a song like that you havent heard in years and it brings back a certain memory that happened around that time.

As soon as it started i remembered being down at the beach for ice skating discos.

Yes i was that cool.

Did you get a trap?

If you click on the number of replies next to a thread on this forum, it lists the top posters in that thread, and the number of posts.

So the football thread is basically me and NoidRoid giving it large:

Joda Serk 674

Paranoid Android 662

Captain America 313

Over 300 posts between 2nd and 3rd. Gulf.

Edited by Joda Serk