aberdeen-music

Weird Things that I do

Moose

funnily enough my moustache area is the only place i dont get a proper amount of stubble.

hence why i never really leave more than 3 days growth, i just look redonkulous

I suffer similar patchy problems around the jawline so am unable to grow a complete beard. To sculpt one making the most of the areas where it does grow would seem a little poseury so it's a clean shave for me.....in the BATH, at NIGHT.

When i was like 14 my dad caught me brushing my teeth in the bath and whooped me to within an inch of my life calling me a clatty bastard....Its only now as i type this it worrys me that my dad came into the bathroom knowing fine well i was in the bath.......

Your parents were probably outside the bathroom door for five minutes whispering to each other:

Frank, he's been in there an hour, what's he doing?

I don't know Maude, I don't want to know.

What's that sound?

It sounds like.....no.....is he?.........in the......

Frank! Do something!!!

....and then he battered you.

Your parents are called Frank and Maude by the way.

• Upvote 1

No worries, the clocks go forward next week. Natural light makes for an extra smooth shave.

My dream shave would be over a birdbath on a warm summers afternoon.

while the birds are sitting up overhead going

'fuck dude he's getting his face pubes all in our bathwater'

'yeah what the fuck, i want to go shit all in his sink now motherfucker'

'what a dick....'

'yeah.....

'oh well, lets just chirp like a couple of bitches and pretend we're happy....like we always do...'

'i fucking hate being a bird......'

• Upvote 1

while the birds are sitting up overhead going

'fuck dude he's getting his face pubes all in our bathwater'

'yeah what the fuck, i want to go shit all in his sink now motherfucker'

'what a dick....'

'yeah.....

'oh well, lets just chirp like a couple of bitches and pretend we're happy....like we always do...'

'i fucking hate being a bird......'

great post

If I get a book from the library and it has sections in it that I want to underline but are already underlined, I have to rub out those lines before I pencil in my own. I think part of it is down to annoyance that the previous person didn't rub out what they'd underlined, but apart from that I don't know why I do it.

As a side note, I always rub out stuff I've underlined in books. To not do so is annoying. To me anyway.

If I get a book from the library and it has sections in it that I want to underline but are already underlined, I have to rub out those lines before I pencil in my own. I think part of it is down to annoyance that the previous person didn't rub out what they'd underlined, but apart from that I don't know why I do it.

As a side note, I always rub out stuff I've underlined in books. To not do so is annoying. To me anyway.

Why would you hire stuff from the library and vandalise it? Bit selfish, no? I'm keeping an eye on books from Waterstones from now on....

I underline softly in pencil so I can erase it later. Helps me keep track of important points which is important with fiddly theoretical texts. These are texts from the university library which are bound to be abused in such a manner.

Besides which, texts which I am going to use heavily over my course I'll generally buy for myself. I just need this for one paper so there's no point forking out money for it.

Ah, fair do!

To get back on track...

I also have an odd habit of looking at property prices when I'm trying to avoid work even though I'm years off owning my own place.

that may seem odd but actually comes in handy when you do eventually get in the position to buy. i used to do the same thing and we are looking to buy over the next couple of months so i felt in a better position cos i knew what was a good deal in principle for the area etc so keep looking!

It bugs the hell out of me when I get a book out and someone has underlined heaps of it, I understand why it helps to underline parts but why not remove it afterwards? I usually hand these into the library staff because they rub it all out, meaning the person who borrows it after me isn't annoyed by someone who can't underline in a straight line or likes to underline an entire paragraph (why not just put an arrow or something?)

After every exam I take the question paper home, scribble the key points I made on it on the journey home then go and look up the topic so I know where I went wrong. I don't know why I torture myself, because if I have to do a resit it won't be the same questions and if I need to know about that topic in the future I'll be able to look it up. It's a waste of time but I need to do it.

When I was in first year and did the MC psychology exam I circled my responses, took it home and checked them all up. That was a fun afternoon...

I hope that you aren't referring to Heathers as a "crappy film"...

No I was meaning my referencing was crappy, 'Heathers' is a great film. Actually my referencing was ace, I just felt I was descending into a pointless spot of back and fore verbal sparring based on my belief books from libraries getting vandalised isn't a good thing and wanted to kill it....

I struggle to play bass without a plectrum.

I don't play using the plectrum a whole lot, most of the time i chew on it. It just doesn't make sense without a plectrum to chew on!! Its one of those psychosomatic things, I've always had a plectrum or nicked one off a nearby guitarist and cant do it without.

Any one else have something like this or is this just me?

I struggle to play bass without a plectrum.

I don't play using the plectrum a whole lot, most of the time i chew on it. It just doesn't make sense without a plectrum to chew on!! Its one of those psychosomatic things, I've always had a plectrum or nicked one off a nearby guitarist and cant do it without.

Any one else have something like this or is this just me?

I had to Heimlich Adam de Barros once, for he was choking on a pleccy