aberdeen-music

Weird Things that I do

Moose

I shout at sports, obviously. Mainly hockey. Surely everyone does?

However, a step down is shouting at sports games. I play NHL 10 alot, and if I hit a player I don't like, or score against a team I hate, I shout at them, and berate them. An example...

"Take that Jarko Ruutu you fucking finnish fucking hacking fucking cunt! How the fuck'd you like that one, eh? Go whinge and try biting someones thumb again like a fucking fairy, fuck faced speccy Senators cunt!"

My neighbours probably hate me.

i lose it at computer games big time. its worst when its kids games. i was playing mario kart for the wii recently and the window was open. that little purple cunt waluigi overtook me on the final turn and i swear i have never experienced hatred and rage to that level before. the volume in which i screamed 'fuuuccckkkkk' made my girlfriend (who just happened to be walking home and was going past the flat and heard me) came running in the door thinking i had done something horrific to myself. only to be confronted with me standing up infront of the tv, sweating and cursing to myself with a big '2ND' on the screen.

she wasnt impressed........

i lose it at computer games big time. its worst when its kids games. i was playing mario kart for the wii recently and the window was open. that little purple cunt waluigi overtook me on the final turn and i swear i have never experienced hatred and rage to that level before. the volume in which i screamed 'fuuuccckkkkk' made my girlfriend (who just happened to be walking home and was going past the flat and heard me) came running in the door thinking i had done something horrific to myself. only to be confronted with me standing up infront of the tv, sweating and cursing to myself with a big '2ND' on the screen.

she wasnt impressed........

You've quite clearly made that up, but I lol'd anyway. Yus!

this thread is ace!

i always have to do a pee as the final thing i do before going to sleep. if i go to bed and i'm woken up a few minutes after going to sleep i have to get up and go to the toilet again. if i pee, get distracted and have to do something else(take shit out of the drier, make my lunch for the following day) i have to go pee again before bed. even if i pee then clean my teeth, i have to pee straight after cleaning my teeth.

If I'm walking on my own I count my steps in my head, I do it without realising and when i stop at traffic lights I realise I'm at 148 and think "ah, been doing it again..." but when I get to 200 I start from 0 again.

The tv volume has to be on an even number otherwise it bugs the hell out of me.

I like my dvds arranged in a certain way, with films like alien, predator and terminator together, daft comedies like anchorman and talladega nights together and so on. I get really irritated if the dvd isn't replaced properly.

I always try to sit on the right side of the lecture theatre, bus, cinema etc... not sure why, it just feels strange being in the left side.

I can't hold my hands with someone and it be my hand on top unless it's my little sister, it just feels strange otherwise.

As for the password thing, yeah I have to retype it even if I know it's just the last character that I've done wrong.

I like my dvds arranged in a certain way, with films like alien, predator and terminator together, daft comedies like anchorman and talladega nights together and so on. I get really irritated if the dvd isn't replaced properly

I have a similar outlandish system with my CD's, where by they are ordered by the first letter of the band, as they would be in the alphabet. I'm surprised I haven't been sectioned yet.

I have a similar outlandish system with my CD's, where by they are ordered by the first letter of the band, as they would be in the alphabet. I'm surprised I haven't been sectioned yet.

You're a wildcard, a maverick, a real loose cannon, etc etc.

I can never understand how people can keep up organising things in any way other than alphabetically. My friend changes the order of her dvds a ridiculous number of times. Last I heard, she was going by attractiveness of the lead actors/actresses. I wouldn't be able to keep up...

I tap out songs on my fingers, usually just one line of a song over and over again with each syllable of the lyrics represented by one tap. The last note always has to end on a pinkie or a thumb and it has to adhere to one of my pre-approved tapping "patterns". I'll spend ages running through every one of my tapping "patterns" trying to find one that fits this particular song so it ends on a pinkie or thumb. I do it without even noticing I'm doing it, at least once a day, often up to about ten times, while I'm sitting watching a film or driving or whatever.

I like my dvds arranged in a certain way, with films like alien, predator and terminator together, daft comedies like anchorman and talladega nights together and so on. I get really irritated if the dvd isn't replaced properly.

Yeah, I'm the same, even to the lengths that all vampire films need to be together, like Blade, Underworld etc and car films.

It's not weird, it just makes sense.

:up:

i have races with cars if i'm walking down the street. like, if i hear a car behind me and i'm coming up to a crossing or whatever, i have to get there before it passes me.

i air drum alot, but in my head i always imagine what lars ulrich would look like playing drums to the song. i fucking hate metallica.

i have to put my left shoe on first, otherwise i'm guaranteed to have a bad day.

if i'm at home alone, i make up songs about nothing and everything. i must have written the best 80s metal tinged rock/hip-hop opera in my head the past 20 odd years.

Yeah, I'm the same, even to the lengths that all vampire films need to be together, like Blade, Underworld etc and car films.

It's not weird, it just makes sense.

what about films that straddle genres? alphabetical is the only way to organise cd's and dvds otherwise there's too much ambiguity.

I used to file CD's in alphabetical order within groups of what label they were on, but the second half of my CD shelf was just a nonsensical odds and sods. That was a stupid idea. I once tried autobiographical, like in High Fidelity, but the mid section was just a blur.

My 7 shelf cabinet is almost full, I don't know what I'm going to do when it's full. I can't have X, Y and Z's hanging out in a pile next to it. IT WOULDN'T BE RIGHT!

Okay... I count everything I do - not just steps or little, inocuous things like that - EVERYTHING. I also like it when it creates a pattern - always in multiples of four. For example - left, right, right, left / right, left, left, right / right, left, left, right / left, right, right, left. It hacks me off cause I even count how many steps I take between crossing lines in the pavement/road and one leg'll feel like it's carrying more wieght if it's had more steps between lines than the other, so I'll have to make sure to balance it out by making sure the other leg gets more steps first chance I get.

I work out the pitch of the hum of electic things, like refrigerators or a TV on standby and harmonise with them. I usually hum a minor third. Dunno why.

I do this a lot too, my shower provides a lovely drone to which I like to sing raga scales.

On a different note, I can spend hours drawing little white squares with my mouse which line up with various things on my desktop, for example wallpaper, files, the edge of my screen etc. Oh and if i'm lucky one of the little squares will stay there after I release the button, then I get to line up another white square with it, and joy of joy when the two lines meet they disappear. If you don't know what I'm talking about you have never lived.

I play drum beats with my teeth. It's very unhealthy as it's probably chipping my teeth away to bits, but in my head, when I tap my front two incisors together, it sounds like a kick drum, and when i tap my back left molars together, it sounds like a snare. I've been doing it since I was very young, and I must say, I'm fucking amazing at it now. I use a teeth shivering sort of motion to replicate drum fills.

Obviously no one else on earth can really hear this sound, so my supreme talent is completely wasted.

i thought i was the only one! ;(

seriously, why do we do that? those double bass beats really rattle the hell out of them

what about films that straddle genres? alphabetical is the only way to organise cd's and dvds otherwise there's too much ambiguity.

Thankfully I'm not anal retentive. I also find browsing my collection for DVDs helps me watch different films as opposed to just going to the relevant letter section. I also pretty much know where all of my DVDs are, seeing as I put them there.

i air drum alot, but in my head i always imagine what lars ulrich would look like playing drums to the song. i fucking hate metallica.

we should start a mybook or a facepage or something.

metallica suck.

my other weird thing is: when i hear "one" by metallica, when it gets to "darkness, is visiting me" (or whatever he says) i replace all of the lyrics up until the solo with "metallica suck" until the solo. yeah

I have recently noticed that I make a Doctor Zoidberg-esque "woop woop woop" noise whenever I am crossing a road and a car is coming and I have to dash to avoid getting run over. I also make the Final Fantasy 7 jumping sound effect every time I jump.

When i'm working the restaraunt bar, i always make up drink checks in alphabetical order... always have done.

That is dead stupid. If I caught a member of staff being that inefficient, I would banish them to the most menial task I could think of. OCD people are great at scrubbing things.