aberdeen-music

The Official World Cup 2010 Thread

Adam Easy Wishes

James should be the clear England No.1 imo, great keeper.

Looking forward to the Germany Serbia match. Can Germany play as well as they did against the aussies? Can Serbia justisy their 'Dark Horses' tag? Should be interesting.

Thankfully I don't work much today so the only thing I will miss is some of USA - Slovenia.

And then it's the weekend and I can watch everything :woohoo:

crikey never thought i'd say this but actually welcoming the return of calamity. would have preferred joe hart despite his lack of international experience. capello really should have made his mind up about his number one during preperations.

I'm still laughing at the French!

IMO, if England truly believe that Joe Hart is the next big thing keeper for the next 10 years. He should be playing you have to bleed him in sometime on the biggest stage. Look at the best keepers in the world, Buffon's and Casillas for example. They've been playing in goal since they were about 20 and provide stability at one of the most important positions for their teams.

Capello's tactic of only naming the squad 2 hours before the game also baffles me.

bloody hell how appalling is this clown of a ref? agree with johnathon pearce that the standard of the refs have been pretty good so far but there's no way that was a sending off for klose. serbia much improved though and you wouldnt bet against this idiot sending more players off. still confident the germans will get a point! bugger they just hit the bar!

Did I actually just see the ref give a free kick for high feet in an overhead kick?! This guy is a fucking nugget.

yeah he did, spanish ref still bitter about the result against switzerland no doubt and letting off some steam!

What the fuck is Mick McCarthy's problem? Slating Serbia for not being ambitious and not trying to make it 2 or 3 nil? They're up against the Germans, winning, and running down the clock.

McCarthy is totally awesome but still a fucking clown in the commentary box.

All these freak results are in a big petri dish breeding the perfect environment for England to fluke their way through it. I have a bad feeling about this.

I dunno. I still think England will win the group, and we certainly don't want Germany finishing second in theirs, or we get them in the second round.

Right, predictions?

I'm sticking to an england rout. They've had time to aclimatise and train a lot together, algeria's best players (belhadj and bouggy) will have their hands full defensively with Lennon/Johnson and cole on the other side so won't have the ball to create.

Did I actually just see the ref give a free kick for high feet in an overhead kick?! This guy is a fucking nugget.

There's been a few of those so far in the tournament. Can think of at least 2 free kicks Howard Webb awarded for high feet that would rarely get given anywhere else. Must have be one of FIFA's things to crackdown on this time round.

Of course they spend so long cracking down on high feet, challenging keepers and goal celebrations that they forget to crack down on diving, feigning injury and asking for opposition players to be booked. But as long as they have their priorities right.